What Kind of Stand Mixer is in Your Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Brand of Stand Mixer Do You Own?

• Total voters
I admit that I was wrong about K'Aid, and have come to realise that they really do make their mixers with the same quality has before when Hobart had the division.

I've just ordered the K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor from Cooking.com (even though it's made in China). It should be a real winner!!

But I'd like to go there myself and take a tour. It's now a toss-up between them and Boeing. Did you have to make reservations, or did you just show up at the door unannounced? I'd love to see how things are made in America! Never add the chance to do that before.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I have one Kenwood stand mixer that I have had 40 years, made in UK, plus another newer Kenwood that I have had about 25 years, plus a K A, that was a gift which I don't like one bit.
and lastly I have an Electrolux Assistant, DLX2000,made in Sweden that I think is just great for all breads and heavy mixing.............. qahtan

I ADORE my KitchenAid mixer. I have the model that lifts up, rather than the smaller tilting version. Received it as a gift from my husband in 1994 & it's still going strong.

I use it most often to whip cream & to knead dough for bread, cookies, & other baked cookies, which it performs effortlessly. Since I love Indian cooking, I particularly like the way it kneads yogurt dough for the Indian bread Naan, which both my husband & I really like.

I've used my K'Aid K45SS for almost 20 years and it's still going strong after all those years!! Which is why I also chose the slightly larger K'Aid K5SS to supplement the slightly smaller K45SS during heavy baking tasks.

Like making a double recipe of something, or for making large quantities of stuff.

~Corey123.

qahtan said:
I have one Kenwood stand mixer that I have had 40 years, made in UK, plus another newer Kenwood that I have had about 25 years, plus a K A, that was a gift which I don't like one bit.
and lastly I have an Electrolux Assistant, DLX2000,made in Sweden that I think is just great for all breads and heavy mixing.............. qahtan

I NOW HAVE the Electrolux Assistant DLX2000, and it IS a very beatifully-working mixer! I like it's amazing power, performance, construction and its shiny heavy 8-qt. SS mixer bowl!!:chef:

No other home stand mixer have this much capacity in a mixer bowl!:cool:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
choclatechef said:
I am just being nosy, since I am a mixer freak! :D

Why do you like your model? If you don't like it, which one will you choose to buy later?

I'm also a mixer freak now that I own three stand mixers.:)

Actually, I have FOUR mixers because I also have a small hand-held one, so that I don't have to lug out one of the large ones. But the Electrolux Assistant sits next to the food processor on the dishwasher.

I use the small one for not-so-big mixing jobs like instant pudding, meringue, etc..:ermm:

I have a Kitchen Aid--not sure of the model--that has a 300 watt motor, a tilt head, and a 4.5 qt. bowl. I have mixed feelings about it. It performs beautifully for routine mixing tasks, and does cookie dough like a charm. However, even though it comes with a bread hook, it is a poor tool for bread dough. It has been back 3 times under warranty because the transmission failed while preparing bread dough. Once, it failed while I used a recipe supplied with the machine. Each time I sent it back, the CS rep told me I was abusing it by kneading dough, and had no answer when I said it was their own recipe and asked why they included the dough hook. They have told me that they will not cover another failure under warranty; I haven't used it for bread since then.

Ultra-Power KSM-90, mabye? If this is the model number, then yes, Epinions.com members have written some reviews about this particular mixer saying that they were disatisfied with it. That the machine fails in the middle of making dough.

That is totally abusive talk that they gave you!!

What are you supposed to do, just look at it and WISH that it could make dough?

If you can afford it, try getting the Electrolux Assistant DLX-2000. It's a very powerful and wonderful machine, and it can make enough dough for up to 8 loaves of bread in one recipe!! I have this machine, and I can honestly tell you that it packs an aweful lot of muscle power to plow through the heaviest doughs and batters with the greatest of ease!! Even the most demanding recipe is no match for its awesome strength and power!!

It cost about $500.00 though. Not putting K'Aid down, but the particular model that you have IS known to be particularly troublesome.

Last edited:
I've been looking all over the Web, Corey123, and can find no sign of the Electrolux Assistant DLX-2000 machine in the UK. Don't know if it goes by another name there, but even the electrolux.co.uk Web site doesn't list it, or even any other mixer as far as I can see. Shame. Sounded like just my cup of tea.

I have to smile, my first post and I already have a complaint. I can't copy and paste. Dragon NaturallySpeaking does not get along with this software too well. My arthritis does not allow typing.

Any way, the ladies around here really love to bake. They have had a high failure rate with the new KitchenAid mixers. The dealer does not wish to deal with this and so the ladies are trying new brands. they seem to dearly love, the Wolfgang Puck mixer and the accessories of the Viking. the most coveted is a Hobart.

I would have said more, but there is no copy and paste, -- and my arthritis is acting up.

Corey123 said:
Try THIS address;

It is http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/magic_mill_dlx_mixer.html. This is where I bought mine from.

If successful, click on one of the yellow boxes to take you to the different colors of the machine, prices and accessories. Let me know how you make out. Good luck!!

Thanks for the link. What I might do is contact Electrolux and see what they say. As far as I can see from their web site, they distribute it in Sweden but not in the UK or Spain. Maybe if I beg nicely enough, they could ship one to me from Sweden:rolleyes:

I got it free with my points on my credit card and had always heard it was the best stand mixer around. I generally like it but wich it came with a bit bigger bowl to do double recipes.

Snoop Puss said:
Thanks for the link. What I might do is contact Electrolux and see what they say. As far as I can see from their web site, they distribute it in Sweden but not in the UK or Spain. Maybe if I beg nicely enough, they could ship one to me from Sweden:rolleyes:

You're welcome!! Hopfully, you'll have some luck getting one of these. It really is a joy to use!!

Actually, the website and the distribution warehouse is in California. At least that's what the woman told me when I asked where she was calling from. She called to say that I ordered TWO of the mixers, but I only intended to order one. So she took the other one off.

I'll pm her e-mail address and phone number to you, and you can talk to her one on one. That might help.

Also, you can try to order the machine from Cooking.com (http://www.cooking.com). But it's only in white if you get it from there.

Last edited:
I bought My daughter a 6 qt Kitchen aid for last Christmas. She was pleased as I bought her a bigger unit than she grew up with which was a K5 that I got in the late '70's. My K5 has had the brushes changed, not because they needed it but because this electrician wanted it. It has had only the paddle changed [ because they had lost some of the finish; some one else ate that ,I hope] since 1976.

Cookies and Pumpkin Bread were made in it tonight.

I think I made a good buy in '76.

Did I?

Last edited:
I drool in cook shops over Kitchen Aid mixers. I have NO mixer. I have a hand mixer and a stick blender, and thats it :( I had a normal blender until recently but gave it away, as otherwise it was going to sit in storage. In a couple of years when we settle I might get a Kitchen Aid I hope.

Back
Top Bottom