"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
View Poll Results: What Brand of Stand Mixer Do You Own?
Hobart Kitchenaid 5 4.20%
Kitchenaid 92 77.31%
Viking 1 0.84%
Kenwood 4 3.36%
Hobart 2 1.68%
Sunbeam 6 5.04%
Other 9 7.56%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #151
Executive Chef

Try THIS address;

It is http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag...dlx_mixer.html. This is where I bought mine from.

If successful, click on one of the yellow boxes to take you to the different colors of the machine, prices and accessories. Let me know how you make out. Good luck!!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #152
Assistant Cook

I have to smile, my first post and I already have a complaint. I can't copy and paste. Dragon NaturallySpeaking does not get along with this software too well. My arthritis does not allow typing.

Any way, the ladies around here really love to bake. They have had a high failure rate with the new KitchenAid mixers. The dealer does not wish to deal with this and so the ladies are trying new brands. they seem to dearly love, the Wolfgang Puck mixer and the accessories of the Viking. the most coveted is a Hobart.

I would have said more, but there is no copy and paste, -- and my arthritis is acting up.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #153
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
Try THIS address;

It is http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag...dlx_mixer.html. This is where I bought mine from.

If successful, click on one of the yellow boxes to take you to the different colors of the machine, prices and accessories. Let me know how you make out. Good luck!!
Thanks for the link. What I might do is contact Electrolux and see what they say. As far as I can see from their web site, they distribute it in Sweden but not in the UK or Spain. Maybe if I beg nicely enough, they could ship one to me from Sweden
Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #154
Master Chef

I got it free with my points on my credit card and had always heard it was the best stand mixer around. I generally like it but wich it came with a bit bigger bowl to do double recipes.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #155
Executive Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Puss
Thanks for the link. What I might do is contact Electrolux and see what they say. As far as I can see from their web site, they distribute it in Sweden but not in the UK or Spain. Maybe if I beg nicely enough, they could ship one to me from Sweden

You're welcome!! Hopfully, you'll have some luck getting one of these. It really is a joy to use!!

Actually, the website and the distribution warehouse is in California. At least that's what the woman told me when I asked where she was calling from. She called to say that I ordered TWO of the mixers, but I only intended to order one. So she took the other one off.

I'll pm her e-mail address and phone number to you, and you can talk to her one on one. That might help.

Also, you can try to order the machine from Cooking.com (http://www.cooking.com). But it's only in white if you get it from there.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #156
Senior Cook

I bought My daughter a 6 qt Kitchen aid for last Christmas. She was pleased as I bought her a bigger unit than she grew up with which was a K5 that I got in the late '70's. My K5 has had the brushes changed, not because they needed it but because this electrician wanted it. It has had only the paddle changed [ because they had lost some of the finish; some one else ate that ,I hope] since 1976.

Cookies and Pumpkin Bread were made in it tonight.

I think I made a good buy in '76.

Did I?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:47 AM   #157
Head Chef

I drool in cook shops over Kitchen Aid mixers. I have NO mixer. I have a hand mixer and a stick blender, and thats it :( I had a normal blender until recently but gave it away, as otherwise it was going to sit in storage. In a couple of years when we settle I might get a Kitchen Aid I hope.