What Kind of Stand Mixer is in Your Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Brand of Stand Mixer Do You Own?

• Total voters
So if Hobart is considered one of the best mixer... what takes the number two spot? I can't justify $1500 for a mixer, unless I started selling bread out of my dorm room!

Here's my KA 5 qt mixer. I don't know exactly how old it is. I inherited it. However, if you'll look at the left side, you'll notice the Hobart logo :)
47b4ce38b3127ccea8a49902e48f0000001610

Allen, you have a keeper!

It is the same one I bought and lent to one of my aunts, and my girlfriend just bought one very much like this last night upon my recommendations.

Treasure it! They don't make them like they used to!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input on this topic. I've wanted a Kitchen Aid for soooo long. Each Christmas I tell hubby thats what I want but end up changing my mind numerous times. Anyway, this year I def. want it and I'm telling him no matter what I say thats what I want. I've decided that I'm going to try to locate a KA 5 qt made by Hobart. Oh I'm so excited.....thank godness Christmas is only a few short months away.

Do you know what colors are available by chance choclatechef......you seem to have a great deal of knowledge about mixers.

Back in the Hobart days, you never saw many colors. On the secondhand market, if you want a 5 quart model before christmas, you will have to settle for white.

If you want to wait around for a long long time and search on ebay, you may eventually find a colored one.

see a few K45 up for sale on Ebay......is there a huge difference between that and a 5 quart? I'll still use my bread machine for bread making.

If you get a K45, you have a better chance of getting a color if that is what you wish. Hobart made some of them in a few colors.

I like the 5 quart more than the K45 because I like the bowl lift mechanism better than tilt back, they have more power, and of course more capacity. I also like the hot/cold water jacket you can use on the 5 qt, but can't get for the smaller mixer.

I like the additional power also for running the attachments like the meat grinder, flour mill, etc.

:D You are sincerely welcome sizzlinin!

Tell us when you get your mixer! We will do a victory dance!

My friend's Hobart Kitchenaid 5 qt mixer arrived yesterday!!!!!!!

Her family is freaking out! They are worried at the "massive size" and are intimated by it I think.

My friend is happy though. She is not really into more than baking cakes and pies. I am hoping to get her into the breads, rolls, and cookie doughs that will show her family why you get a heavy duty mixer rather than a lightweight one!

Any advice for my Friend?

Audeo said:
After undoubtedly tiring of my complaining about my ancient Sunbeam Mixmaster and whining about my sister's KA, dear husband bought me a KA Pro 6. What I love about it is its huge capacity (6 quarts) and 525w. motor, moreover the improvements that have been made in the paddle and hook attachments and a much improved shield over my sister's artisan. And thanks to a few pals here who explained that I needn't fear burning up my motor making bread all the time, I have since nixed the bread machine and have it waiting in the garage for the next garage sale.

Nothing can possibly replace this jewel...and nothing will likely ever need to.

I've got the same model in the color black. My parents gave it to me for Christmas two years ago. I use it CONSTANTLY for bread making as well. My Godson has food allregies. Unkie RJ makes him his bread. :)

RJ

vilasman1 said:
I have a ka Pro 6 qt that i got for around $200 refurbished. I've had it for 3 years now and haven't had a problem with it. If I were going to get another mixer, And I am pondering it , cause I want a set of KA in a color, probably yellow, I would get the largest most powerful tilt head that KA made at the time. The issue i have with my bowl lift model is scraping cake batter down from the sides of the bowl. I think it might be easier with a tilt head.
Mind you , I wouldnt trade my pro 6 because i like the power and the capacity. But if they made a big tilt head and if it held up as well as this 6qt does it might move me to get it. But I dont think those 2 if's will ever come to pass.

Hey! I saw you on the Kitchenaid Conversations forum, didn't I! You were asking about your mixer!

Yes I was in kitchen aid conversations and I am also lurking in eguller when I can find the time to get away from here

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input on this topic. I've wanted a Kitchen Aid for soooo long. Each Christmas I tell hubby thats what I want but end up changing my mind numerous times. Anyway, this year I def. want it and I'm telling him no matter what I say thats what I want. I've decided that I'm going to try to locate a KA 5 qt made by Hobart. Oh I'm so excited.....thank godness Christmas is only a few short months away.

I found one on Ebay! A yellow one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20679&item=4334461637&rd=1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom