What Kind of Stand Mixer is in Your Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Brand of Stand Mixer Do You Own?

• Total voters
jennyema said:
I have a big Kitchenaid Pro which I love!! The only slight problem is that it is just a tiny bit off-leval so that it rocks a bit when it is really cranking.

I haven't had any motor/transmission problems. Yet at least. I have fried a food processor that way.

The Pro is too big for really small jobs, so I have a cheapo hand mixer for those.

I have the pasta attachment, too:mrgreen:

Kitchenaid makes great products.

One of your big K'Aid mixer's rubber feet are probably missing?:ermm:

Yeah, I did the same thing! My K'Aid mixer sits out on the portable dishwasher and it's always ready at a moment's notice for medium to big mixing jobs.:chef:

But I'm thinking; Why use it for everything, even though it can handle the small mixing jobs also? So I bought an elcheapo no-name small hand mixer from Walmart to handle small little tiny jobs, like making instant pudding, beating two or three egg whites, etc..:)

I'm going to get the accessories pack which has several attachments for the K'Aid mixer soon. I want to try my hand at making pasta, which I've never done yet. It's funny though. I had the K'Aid mixer for close to 20 years and have not bought one accessory for it yet other than an extra 4.5-qt stainless steel bowl w/ handle, the 3-qt. stainless steel bowl and the K'Aid mixer cover!:chef:

Nothing that requires the use of the front power drive socket yet.:ermm:

~Corey123.

There are five on mine, but since your K'Aid mixer is larger than mine is, you might have more rubber feet on yours.

Mine is the K45SS Classic.

~Coery123.

Mine is a Sunbeam and I only use it once in a while. It isn't heavy, but I keep it in the appliance part of my pantry, so usually use a hand mixer rather than get it out. It does the job well when I use it.

luvs_food said:
i have a pink kitchenaid, tee-hee, & i dreamt about a pink miixer last night- more fuscia, i'd say.:LOL:

That one had something to do with the Breast Cancer Foundation, I think.

When you bought the mixer, I believe that a small portion of your money went to finding or inventing a cure for breast cancer.:LOL:

Corey123.

Last edited:
I picked up a brand new KA Pro 6 for $280 with shipping the other day. It should be here by the 3rd.:w00t2: I've been anxiously tracking it on the UPS site. I would have gotten the pink Susan Kamen Foundation one if I could have gotten it in a lift-stand. Instead I got a remainder Empire Green, which matches my kitchen.

Corey123 said:
That one had something to do with the Breast Cancer Foundation, I think.

When you bought the mixer, I believe that a small portion of your money went to finding or preventing a cure for breast cancer.:LOL:

Corey123.

yep! $50 of $329 (that was w/ shipping), i think. nice contribution!
phinz, mine has a lift-top to it.

Last edited:
luvs_food said:
yep! $50 of $329 (that was w/ shipping), i think. nice contribution!
phinz, mine has a lift-top to it.

That's a tilt-head mixer. The one I bought lifts the bowl to the beaters via a lever.

kitchenaid-kp2671xgr.jpg

phinz said:
That's a tilt-head mixer. The one I bought lifts the bowl to the beaters via a lever.

kitchenaid-kp2671xgr.jpg

Love that color! Must be Imperial Gray, right?:ermm:

Mine is in Almond. Eventually, the K5SS, at one time, and the tilt-head machines were offewred in this beautiful Imperial Gray color!:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Yes, that's Imperial Grey. It's the only decent-sized pic I could find that showed the lift handle very well. Mine is Empire Green. I love the Imperial Grey and the Imperial Black, but they don't go well with my kitchen. The only reason I considered the Susan Kamen pink is because of the charity and the fact that the satin pink on the Accolade (which is what I considered before I found the smokin' deal on the Pro 6) is a really nice color.

That brings up another point... Has anybody ever done a "post a picture of your kitchen" thread? I literally built my kitchen from doing the drywall to hanging the microwave and installing the ceiling fan...

I bought another K'Aid stand mixer - the K5SS.

For the most part, I'm mainly testing it to see if it holds up, since there have been some dissatisfied owers of K'Aid stand mixers. I want to test the waters and see if it is as good as the K45SS Classic which I had for 19 years.

Nothing wrong with the K45SS. Getting back into baking like I used to do years ago.

~Corey123.

phinz said:
...Has anybody ever done a "post a picture of your kitchen" thread? I literally built my kitchen from doing the drywall to hanging the microwave and installing the ceiling fan...

What an interesting idea! I planned and (half-built, half-extended) mine, and am quite pleased with the results. Sadley, there's no seeing the bones of it under all the stuff on the counters and hanging from the dual potracks! I could certainly wish for a larger one...I was forced to do the extension just to get the small-ish arborite table AND the chairs in the space, never mind actually installing some venting that actually went somewhere....:(

I have a Kitchen Aid K5A made by Hobart which was bought in 1975.
I use it very frequently for cakes, cookies, bread and pasta doughs. I just bought the pasta roller and ice cream attachments which I am really enjoying.
I have never had any problem with this machine. If I ever do, I assume it can be repaired. At least I hope so.

It more than likely CAN be fixed if it breaks. That's 31 years you've have that!

Surprisingly, I just found out that the K'Aid K45SS Classic and the K5SS are STILL made pretty much the same as when Hobart made them. The quality didn't go down at all.

I own both. Haven't really gotten into, or bought much of the attachments,
but I DID get the water jacket for the K5SS.

I might get the food grinder and a few other accessories.

~Corey123.

And Corey, you know I just can't resist, but the quality of our newer bowl lift models IS getting better and better....

Oh, I don't doubt that.

I'm just glad that K'Aid realises that that quality is very important when it comes to making and selling their stand mixers.

And I'm so glad that the K'Aid K5SS that I bought last month still has good solid quality contruction and materials inside.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom