What size rice cooker? 6 or 10 cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The little bags of devilish ramen and I have a hate/hate relationship. He loves them while I consider them good only for a makeshift emergency raft or some other must have emergency use.

Top Ramen has so much evil stuff in it (sodium) that I'd rather share my dog's canned dog food than eat TR.

Funny how I knew hubby was a TR fan. :)

Near my last TR days (many years ago) I'd throw away the spice packet and add my own stuff. This has a very handy result that you don't need to look at which flavor you buy. The Ramens are all the same except the packets. Throw them away and you have generic noodles.

Last edited:
They stare at me,the ramen. In their cute little bright packages, acting all innocent and delicious. But it's a lie.....A LIE.

Although I admit that I do like those square Chow Mein lunches. When Smith's has a case sale I get a pack of 8 for like....4 dollars. If I buy it here in town it's almost 2 a piece.

Plus, I have a very horrid memory and I usually forget to cook the simplest thing, usually the rice or pasta.

I soak my rice either he night before, or when I wake up, and then set the timer. My rice cooker has a built in timer. Barring that, you can use a timer even on a simple model. Of course, it's no sin not to soak rice.

But you can't forget rice when you smell it cooking !!!!!

Wow! Thanks for all the feed back! Well, I pulled the trigger on the Cuckoo 6 cup model: Cuckoo Rice Cooker | CRP-HF0615F (Ivory/Bronze)

I know it's a big investment, but I hope to use it everyday, for a long time. It looks like a quality machine. The manual is in English and so are the buttons. It looks to be the crem-de-la-crem, or at-least as high as I want to go. :)

I'll let you know how it works out. :)

fighting! :)

-John
John, How do you like the Cuckoo 6 cup cooker? I am having the same indecision between the 6 and 10 cup model. Have you steamed any vegetables in the Cuckoo 6 yet? Is it the 6 cup model large enough? I would love to know your thoughts before I buy. Thanks. Ann

I soak my rice either he night before, or when I wake up, and then set the timer. My rice cooker has a built in timer. Barring that, you can use a timer even on a simple model. Of course, it's no sin not to soak rice.

But you can't forget rice when you smell it cooking !!!!!

Soaking brown rice for 12-20 hours prior to cooking allows it to sprout, and greatly increases the bio-availability of its nutrients. It also forms beneficial enzymes that would not be present in the unsprouted rice. And that smell, especially Basmati or Jasmine rice. When I just have plain old brown rice, I add some caraway seed for flavor and aroma. Always add a bit of raw coconut oil, too.

We have one, but still find it more convienient to do it stove top in pot. We also mane a lot of rice dishes that require "browning" the rice in fat, so why bother with two when one will suffice. Also I like cooking more rice than needed to make fried rice later.

That's why I like my rice cooker, I can make enough for the next few days at one go, while I am making today's dinner. We only get 1/2 cup of cooked rice per serving, the one time cook gives us almost a week's worth of rice.

Hello everyone.

I'm looking at getting a cuckoo
rice cooker. I'm wondering if I should get a 6 or a 10 cup model. I'll mostly be cooking for my self, but could be cooking for 4-5 people from time to time (once every 1-2 weeks). What size cooker would you recommend? I'm about 145lb 5'9" 24 year old male.

Thanks!

-John

I guess 6cup would be enough but check if is 1 cup=1 US cup

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom