What smart kitchen appliances would you like to have & why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a kitchen large enough where I can have a "mixer" wall with shelves holding all of my mixers plus all the ones I want! It could be like an art installation/storage.

I think I may have a mixer addiction...

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I want a kitchen large enough where I can have a "mixer" wall with shelves holding all of my mixers plus all the ones I want! It could be like an art installation/storage.

I think I may have a mixer addiction...

Do we need to hold an intervention? There are a lot of members here who will gladly remove them from your home and give you more space? :angel:

I have been lusting after that one too. I just can't justify the expense. Maybe if you got it and told me that you used it all the time and loved it. ;)

See if a neighbor lady will go in for halves with you and the two of you can share it. Look at all the fun the two of you can have come time for holiday baking. :angel:

I love technology, but prefer my appliances to be fairly dumb. I depend on them to do their basic functions and the less that can go wrong the better. I do like the auto dry sensor on my dryer, and the dirt sensor on my dishwasher. I don't need to run my appliances with my phone, saw a washing machine into Lowes the other day that you can control with your phone...

I agree. I don't want s/thing that is electronic, etc. I want a work horse. I want something that if a gear is stripped, it can be dismantled and repaired. I don't want throw-away things. I don't want appliances made in China. BTW, welcome to DC. Perhaps you could give us a bit more of an introduction?

About the smartest things I need in the kitchen are a good timer that I can hear from the living room with the TV on, and a dependable thermometer.

I have a Chef Alarm Thermometer with a timer and volume control. I can hear the alarm even if I don't have my hearing aids in. That plus my Thermapen cover those needs :chef:

The only smart appliance would be a coffee grinder/french press machine that could be synced to my alarm clock so that when it goes off, the coffee starts. Other than that, not really.

You can already get coffee machines that you can set an alarm on, like the andrew james,(below) it doesn't sync with your iphone though, but those coffee machines are coming!

As for smart appliance, i think one of those fridages than can detect when your food is going off, due the the rfid barcodes will start to be one of those new essential applicances.

Andrew-James-Coffee-Maker-Review-200x300.jpg

About the smartest things I need in the kitchen are a good timer that I can hear from the living room with the TV on, and a dependable thermometer.

I have a Chef Alarm Thermometer with a timer and volume control. I can hear the alarm even if I don't have my hearing aids in. That plus my Thermapen cover those needs :chef:

Why do you leave your timer in the kitchen Rick? :ermm::LOL:

Why do you leave your timer in the kitchen Rick? :ermm::LOL:

Because that's where I use it, I guess. In our house the kitchen is only a few feet from the living room anyway, so the distance is not significant. The timer is also my probe thermometer, so it just stays in the kitchen. About half the time I just use the timer on my range anyway. That one is a bit less portable. ;)

I use the thyme app on my Samsung phone. That way I can wander hither and yon and still know when to head back to the kitchen. If you want to sit on the patio or porch, you can always set the timer to allow travel time back to the kitchen.

I use the thyme app on my Samsung phone. That way I can wander hither and yon and still know when to head back to the kitchen. If you want to sit on the patio or porch, you can always set the timer to allow travel time back to the kitchen.
That is one handy app. I love that it has five timers and that picture of a stove, so you know what the timer is for. Thank you for letting me know about it.

Because that's where I use it, I guess. In our house the kitchen is only a few feet from the living room anyway, so the distance is not significant. The timer is also my probe thermometer, so it just stays in the kitchen. About half the time I just use the timer on my range anyway. That one is a bit less portable. ;)

The distance is significant if you can't hear it. Your complaint was you can't hear the timers go off in the living room, because the timers are in the kitchen, right? I don't have a fancy phone, but I do have a simple cheap dial timer I've used for years that goes with me to another room for a simple low tech. solution, and I hear it every time. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom