"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 02-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Executive Chef
What's wrong with my stove?

One of the elements on my stove was having trouble staying hot, the other three were just fine. The plug on the element was a bit charred, so we replaced it. Since it was charred, it also burnt a hole in the receptecle, we replaced that as well. Now it's not working at all. Any idea why it went from kind of working to not at all? What is to be done? Could something be up with the wiring?

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Wish I could help... but... I know nothing about wiring. Hope ya get things working soon!

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Head Chef
Hi corazon90,
Have you checked the easy stuff first?
Did the parts store give you the correct parts for your model stove?
Are the prongs from the element fitting deeply and securely into the recepticle?
Are the wire connections secure to the recepticle?
It's usually the easy stuff that messes up the most. If all else is fine, check the condition of the wires that connect to the recepticle. If the recepticle got hot enough to burn a hole through it, the wires that connect to it may have overheated also.
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote