Where to put oven shelf with Metal Shield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valc

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I got a new gas cooker today with a double oven. They have supplied two shelves with a metal shield at the back and one shelf without the shield. Any ideas which shelf should go where?

Yes, there were instructions but they made no mention of which shelf should go in which cavity.

Was there no explanation of the shield's function? Can you call the appliance store and ask them?

No, there was no explanation as to the shield.
I have emailed the manufacturer but they are in Germany and it is now now past close of business. It is possible that they may only return on Monday and so I don't want to misuse the appliance.I know that the large oven will have two shelves and the smaller top oven (which doubles as a grill) will have one. But I'm not sure if the two with the heat shield both go in the bottom and the one without in the top. This is what hubby thinks, but I wonder if the bottom oven should have one of each leaving the 2nd shielded shelf to go in the top.
Thanks for your interest, I really appreciate it.

I am not the most techno savvy person in the world but I will try to get some pics sorted. Thankyou for taking the time to show interest in my problem.

Did you manage to get an answer from the manufacturer?

What make/brand did you get? I'm fascinated! curious? and HAVE to know!!

No, I have not heard from the manufacturer yet. It is Sunday afternoon in Germany and I really do not expect to hear from them now until Monday morning earliest. (Be assured I will let you know what they say). In the meantime I have taken some pics. Sorry about the quality of the pics - I did warn you that I'm not good with technology. Just to remind you I got two of the shelves with the metal rear strip and one without. The cooker is a Blomberg GGN61Z Double oven with glass lid.

One thing of note is that I am in UK. I notice that most of you are in America so maybe the cookers are different over there. However, whatever the outcome, thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• P1110133.jpg
    P1110133.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 242
  • P1110137.jpg
    P1110137.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 249
IF you look closely at the photo in this link, you will see the two shelves with the metal shield in the lower oven.

WOW - did yours come with the Glass Lid? I'm sooo jealous, double ovens - I would love!!! Love black appliances or stainless.

Although Andy's link did not come thru - if you Google your make and model I think you will be able to tell that the shields are in the bottom oven.

I would not worry about "miss using" the appliance just because of the shield.

And sorry - I mis-read the dates on the thread, thought the question was from last week.

Blomberg Gas Cooker with Double Oven and Grill – GGN61Z

I think I found Andy's link... clic on the picture to enlarge and you will clearly see the shields on the bottom shelves.

Enjoy your cooker!

Perhaps the shields have something to do with directing air current when using convection?....if that makes any sense...

I also thought that but now that I've found the site - It is not a convection cooker.So have no idea their purpose, other than not letting the pie pan slide off the back! :ohmy:

Thanks for the pics. I have seen another one showing the metal strip in the top oven. The local store from which I purchased it say they are interchangeable but I am still not sure of the purpose. Not heard back from the manufacturer yet (very disappointed and not the usual standard from a German company).
I will be incommunicado for about a week as I am off in my camper to Wharfdale (Yorkshire hasn't quite caught up with the technology in the rest of the world yet!!!).
Thanks to everyone for your interest. I will let you know how I go on with Blomberg when I return.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom