Which Appliance Is or Was Your Best Investment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that's about it.

Oh. Two pressure cookers, but one of then are awaiting replacement handles and a new gasket.

When I first started cooking, my mom had a Chambers gas stove. I loved that thing. It was exactly like the one Rachael Ray uses on her show.

then I had a Thermidor oven that I also liked a lot. Alas, it was built in and went with the house. Now I have a glass topped stove with oven (electric). It's okay, but I miss the others.

The stuff is stored in the back room in the apartment. No cabinetry in the kitchen, otherwise I'd store it there.

I would have to say, hands down, my Cuisinart Food Processor. It's a 14-cupper, does 7 cups of flour (translation 2 large loaves) at one time.

Over the years, it has always performed for me. For many years I used it all day, every day in my catering business. I have 4 workbowls and 3 lids so I was always able to keep it running with minimum cleaning, and it has never, in more than 20 years (yeah, you read right!) let me down. My lids have the wide feed tube, which first came in in 84, and I don't think Kitchen Aids so-called equivalent to it is even close in comparison efficiency.

Everything else in my kitchen is way back somewhere in second place.

Probably the 6 burner Viking Gas/Gas stove. It has been everything I expected and more. Sometimes I think maybe a Gas/Electric would have been better, but I don't know if it was an option then. I didn't ask. Other than replacing the electronic ignitors in the stove it has been maintenance free!

It seems that even without the dorm room, my dorm room beer fridge.. I mean mini fridge... gets the most use. Otherwise everything else gets done by hand.

Which appliance has done well by you, and would you purchase that same make and model again if you had to buy it once more? Come here and tell us about it.

My husband purchased a KA stand mixer as a Christmas present to me and I would have to say that is a good investment. It just arrived a few days ago so I've been able to read through the book. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom