"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #31
Executive Chef

It sits, in mute disapproval, but I still don't like it!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #32
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Kitchen Aid gas stove - $1600 + tax from Sears, junk, they've stoped making it since it is such junk, but now I'm stock with it, for who knows how much longer. Can't wait the day when i could afford to remodale my kitchen and get something new.
I'm so sorry that I didn't know about your problem sooner. You could have called Sears when you realized that you didn't like your stove and they would have exchanged it for you. Sears has some of the best customer service policies on record. I have used electric all my life but thought I would give a gas stove a try when we built our home in Las Vegas. I used that stove for a month and it was not at all as good as electric. I hated it. Took longer to boil water and I couldn't control the heat as well as I could on electric. I called Sears, and back it went, no questions asked. I picked out an electric stove and am as happy as I can be. I love it. By the way, I too, paid $1600 for the gas model. The electric one costs $550.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #33
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
A bread machine was my worst. I'd never been able to make a decent loaf of bread, and thought for sure I could do it with a bread machine. But I still couln't get my bread to turn out right, and after I used it 3-4 times, that durned motor burned up.
The company replaced it, but by then I'd given up on bread, and I gave that one to my daughter.
I'm curious to know what the problem was with your bread. I had a Breadman Ultimate for 3 years and made a perfect loaf every time. Maybe you were doing something wrong. Let me know.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #34
Senior Cook

MY biggest problem appliance is the KitchenAid side by side refrigerator. It is a great machine, cools and freezes perfectly, but apparently cannot be made to dispense water without a drip. KA service has been out several times and the customer service supervisor was so rude. The factory basically said they would not support it any longer and basically, "stop calling" even if it is under warranty and cost over $4,000.

i have a rice cooker- don't use it. It is one thing that takes longer to clean than it is worth. I use the microwave every day-love it.
But the BEST thing in my kitchen is the ice maker. Forget the fridge- the under counter ice maker is wonderful.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #35
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I would have to say, the little plastic scraper thingy I was given, to scrape things up I guess. It is like a little dough knife, and useless to me at home or work.
That sounds like the scraper that comes with stoneware. Is it?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #36
Executive Chef

If it came with stonewear, I didn't recieve that.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopz
MY biggest problem appliance is the KitchenAid side by side refrigerator. It is a great machine, cools and freezes perfectly, but apparently cannot be made to dispense water without a drip. KA service has been out several times and the customer service supervisor was so rude. The factory basically said they would not support it any longer and basically, "stop calling" even if it is under warranty and cost over $4,000.
I think I would report this to the BBB or a tv consumer reporter. That is just way too much money to spend on something that is not perfect. The customer service supervisor shouldn't be able to treat people like that. They should fix it or give you a completely new frig.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
I think I would report this to the BBB or a tv consumer reporter. That is just way too much money to spend on something that is not perfect. The customer service supervisor shouldn't be able to treat people like that. They should fix it or give you a completely new frig.
Agreed, but I have heard of similiar problems with other high end appliances like the Subzero fridge. When expensive appliances break, they break big! My co-worker had a problem with his 2 year old Whirlpool Duet washer and it cost $400 to fix it. My washer only cost $300!

It's funny that some mention a microwave and toaster oven the worst appliance purchase. I use both of those daily!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #39
Sous Chef

Did anyone, anyone in the world fall for that plastic tube gadget thing that you could pour hot water in and add your pasta, then let sit on the counter and it cooked the pasta to perfection????

I still have a bread maker that I use when I'm pushed for time - but, I just use the mix, knead & rise features. Then I remove the dough and play with it. I never cared for the crust or texture of the bread when I tried baking the dough in the machine.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #40
Head Chef

My KA mixer is my bread machine! Works great.