Which home rotisserie to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedamenta

Assistant Cook
I would like a rotisserie for home use and am considering the George Foreman GR59A Baby George Rotisserie.

The 5 lb chicken capacity of this product would be fine.

What do people think of this product and what others should I consider?

I own the George Jr. Rotisserie.

This one is larger. You can roast slightly larger pieces of meat with it, such as a standing rib roast, a 12-lb. turkey or a large capon.

But if you still prefer the Baby George, I'm sure that it will still give you plump juicy roast chickens.

~Corey123.

On this note, since the topic asks which to buy yet doesn't offer a second consideration in the original post, does anyone have experience with Ronco's Rotisserie? The infomercials make it look like a million bucks, but only for however many easy payments of whatever. Blah. I want unpaid, true experiences to base my decision on.

As for GF stuff, I've owned two of the grills, and would readily buy most anything along that line with his name on it.

My sister has the Ronco that she picked up online very cheaply. We've done chicken an pork and it does well. It does get hot on the outside so she always sits it on a tempered glass cutting board on the counter.

My sister-in-law got a Ronco Rotisserie for my brother in '04. He used it a few times before he died. She told me that he loved it!

I also own a Georegre Foreman grill - the medium size one.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I have one of the Ronco Showtime rotisseries (I bought mine on QVC), and I love it. I have done chickens and roasts in mine.

:) Barbara

The main thing that I like to roast in the George Jr. Rotisserie are whole chickens. It does a marvelous superb job, roasting them to juicey golden perfection!

Much better than the roasted chickens you'd get from your local supermarket already cooked!!

Corey123.

Today I found a Ronco Showtime Rotisserie at Kitchen Collection for $160 and a Baby George at Target for $30. I decided to start cheap and I am glad I did.

I just finished cooking a 4 lb chicken and it came out great. But it cooked a little fast.

Based on the instruction book I thought a 4 lb bird would take 1.5 to 2 hours to finish. At 1.25 hours, the middle of the inner thigh was at 180 degrees and the juice from the white meat ran clear.

Do others here have this experience? Could the fact that I live at 10,000 ft above sea level have anything to do with this? I can not imagine why it would but I have run into some other strange stuff about cooking at altitude.

Also, the Baby George kicked off a lot of smoke. Is this normal for home rotisseries in general?

I have one of the Ronco Showtime rotisseries (I bought mine on QVC), and I love it. I have done chickens and roasts in mine.

:) Barbara

bump from the past!!!! I bought the Ronco rotisserie last night! It was at Walmart for only $59, so I thought it was a good place to start! I have a chicken brining to cook tomorrow! WAY EXCITED! I have wanted one since a neighbor did a lamb roast in one- was out of this world delicious! Anyone have any great tips, recipes, etc.? Hold the negative publicity- I already bought it! lol! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom