Which mixer is better Bosch or kitchen aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonhoggan

Assistant Cook
My mother in-law has a Bosch and loves it. It has lasted for possible 10 to 20 years. All the cooking shows i watch they have the kitchen aid. I just want to get some opinions on them before i buy.

jasonhoggan said:
My mother in-law has a Bosch and loves it. It has lasted for possible 10 to 20 years. All the cooking shows i watch they have the kitchen aid. I just want to get some opinions on them before i buy.

I've had my wonderful K'Aid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer since October, '86. It will be 20 years old in October this year, and it STILL works as though it was brand new!:)

So good, that I bought the slightly larger K'Aid K5SS Stand Mixer, you know, the one with the lift-bowl feature? I wondered if the larger model was still as reliable as when Hobart used to make it, but I believe that it still is!:)

So now, when I'm doing a large cake, pie filling, or other large recipe, there's no worry if it's too big for one machine, because it can be split up so that BOTH mixers can accommodate it!:chef:

And BTW, the Bosch machine forces you to lay the unit on its side in order to use most of the accessories for it. This can become very tedious and annoying!:ermm:

While on the other hand, the K'Aid machines let you use every single attachment and accessory that's made for them with the machines still standing in their upright posisions!

Just by connecting them to the front of the mixers, the accessory drive can be used to power all optional drive accessories.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I've owned KitchenAids during the last 16 years, and never had a problem with them. Of course, I always stay within the guidelines specified in the owner's manual and cook book. Prior to my KitchenAids, I have owned a Sunbeam "Euro-style" Mixmaster. It worked OK, but just was not heavy enough for the tasks I commanded of it, so it went back to Wal-Mart. I currently have a Heritage along with my KitchenAid and Berkel.

I have never used a Bosh mixer personally. The positioning of the machine when using attachments is rather odd to me, from viewing catalog pages. I would prefer metal construction over plastic (The Bosh appears to have plenty of plastic) any day. As for recipes, it seems like most are timed and perportioned to either KitchenAid or Sunbeam Mixmaster standards. So with the Bosh, some modification is likely necessary to make recipes work properly. The Electrolux Assistant is similar in this regard.

In a nutshell, I prefer my KitchenAid over other brands. However, the machine I truly like best is my Berkel PM-10. It's a fine 10 quart machine that will handle any quantity of what ever task I toss at it. The Berkel is based on Hobart's C-100 10 quart mixer, which has not been produced in many years.

MrCoffee

THe K Aid has a long history now of being the kitchen workhorse with the least issues. Viking also has a rival model that is very heavy duty and gaining in popularity (also $$$)

Being a student in a Culinary Arts training program has prompted me to get back into baking at home like I did years ago, and I MUST say that I've had much better luck and success using my K'Aid mixer than any other mixer that I've EVER owned!:chef:

It HAS REALLY stood the true test of time. Anything less, to me, is just plain crap!:ermm:

~Corey123.

I have no experience with bosch, but my personal mixer is kitchen aid and i have a kitchen aid at the restaurant plus a very large hobart that is a friggin machine. I'm sure the bosch is fine, but i like to go with a proven product and company (not knocking bosch) that i know will last forever.

And BTW, the Bosch has an all-plastic body and bowl. Wonder how that's holding up.

There IS however, a more sophisticated looking one that has a SS body and bowl, but it costs about $999.00!! Too expensive for me. The Electrolux (Magic Mill) costs about half of that. And my K'Aid K5SS costed about half of that!

~Corey123.

I've noticed that the KichenAid mixers used on Food TV tend to be the Artisan 5QT...while this is not their low end model, it is actually one of their less expensive models and does not have the biggest motor, and still it does what it is supposed to do. My sis has one of that size that is easily 10 years old and going strong, and she's the baker using it all the time. Mine is the pro 5 thanks to a sale (which btw is repeated right now...take advantage of it!)

But I already own two K'Aid Stand Mixers.

Yeah, the Artisan Stand Mixer DOES seem to be the prefered favorite on the Food Network's shows. Paula Deen uses a Sunbeam Stand Mixer most of the time. And Emeril Lagasse has been using the Viking Stand Mixer as of late.

Bobby Flay was a guest on Emeril Live not too loong ago, and they both had a hard time getting the machines' motorheads raised! They both got stuck!!

~Corey123

:) Every restaurant Ive worked at had a couple of kitchen aids and a larger hobart.I have had my kitchen aid about 15 years with no problems but I dont use it all the time either.

I just saw an in-store demo of one of the Vikings, and I gotta say I was impressed! Looked like a Hummer compared to the KA next to it. And yes, it was more $$$, but not that much more.

Those mixers also have more plastic parts than K'Aid does, trust me.

So do the somewhat similar Delonghi mixers. The bodies of those machines are not all-metal. Some plastic is used.

K'Aid Stand Mixers havs ALL-METAL bodies.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom