Who has a nutribullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
I might get one in a few weeks.It seems pretty solid,long as it doesn't get overfilled.How has it been working for you?Can it work with frozen foods well?

I have a thing similar to that. Have had it for a few years now. It works well for small quantities and does what the demo is showing for the nutribullet. I only paid about $40 for it. My blender does the same thing on super speed for larger quantities. Personally I wouldn't spend that much money for that product.

If it is anything like the MagicBullet--I wouldn't waste the money. I hardly use mine. I have both--the big one and the little one. I use the little one to grind spices and that is about it. The big one lives in the basement and hasn't made it upstairs yet. I was disappointed in both when I tried to do things that were demo on TV. That taught me not to stay up late watching Infomertials.

Its a little different.Here is from the site.
Q: How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Blade.
I agree $100 is a bit high,$60 sounds more reasonable.I might try it though.Will be easier to travel with then a regular blender.

Its a little different.Here is from the site.
Q: How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Blade.
I agree $100 is a bit high,$60 sounds more reasonable.I might try it though.Will be easier to travel with then a regular blender.
You travel with your blender? The only time I packed a blender was when I went to the Bahamas with a friend after graduating from university...we wanted to be able to make Pina Coladas...had to dismantle the bathroom window in our hotel room to find a nail to break open the coconut...and used my Dr. Scholl's sandal as a hammer...as I recall, it worked.

I haven't yet because the blender in the house isn't mine,its my step mom's.I go to see family & friends often 120mi south.Not one has a blender.I'm into smoothies more then coffee now.With a laptop,speakers,clothes,cooler,& couple other things.I don't have enough room to stuff a regular blender without risk of damaging it.I got a good ways to walk when I get into town.Usually go through the woods to cut time.

I haven't yet because the blender in the house isn't mine,its my step mom's.I go to see family & friends often 120mi south.Not one has a blender.I'm into smoothies more then coffee now.With a laptop,speakers,clothes,cooler,& couple other things.I don't have enough room to stuff a regular blender without risk of damaging it.I got a good ways to walk when I get into town.Usually go through the woods to cut time.
Why not buy an "adequate" one to leave there, and a better one for your use at home? A lot easier than traveling with one, IMO.

I have a knock-off Magic Bullet (from JC Penney) and I really like it. It's got a lot of cups & tops with 2 blades and it does a great of job of making pesto, grinding nuts, and blending my shakes. It was around $15 and a bargain for the price. I like the fact that one blade can be in the dishwasher and I'll still be able to use the machine with the 2nd blade.

If you hardly use yours, I imagine it either doesn't suit your needs or you got the wrong thing. Maybe you'd prefer a single-serve Hamilton Beach blender which makes drinks right in the container, or perhaps you need a bigger unit altogether, such as a full sized blender or food processor.

If I make a lot of pesto, I get out my 3 cup chopper.

I just bought a Nutri Bullet 12 piece set, $53. I already have a Vita Mix, but wanted something for travel. Cruise ships always have acres of fresh fruit and vegetables laid out, and the VM is a bit large and heavy for packing. Tried it last night, with fresh spinach, fresh OJ, water, frozen banana and frozen strawberries and chia seeds. Worked fine.

If it is anything like the MagicBullet--I wouldn't waste the money. I hardly use mine. I have both--the big one and the little one. I use the little one to grind spices and that is about it. The big one lives in the basement and hasn't made it upstairs yet. I was disappointed in both when I tried to do things that were demo on TV. That taught me not to stay up late watching Infomertials.
If it was the same infomercial that we got here I wanted to slap the English guy who was presenting it! :rolleyes:

We have the deluxe Nutri-Bullet and use it just about everyday to make smoothies. As long as the lid is fastened down snugly, no problem. I cranked it up one morning with a loose lid and made a H**L of a mess because of the turbulence inside the bullet. It does ice and frozen fruit with ease. Just about every morning, I make a smoothie with cold water, psyllium fiber, protein powder and a spoonful of that potent Bragg's cider vinegar. Believe it or not, the Nutri-Bullet blends ingredients so thoroughly that I cannot detect the flavor of the vinegar! I make a lo-cal chocolate milk shake using a few ice cubes, a couple of packets of instant cocoa mix, lite vanilla yogurt and skim milk. It really turns out refreshing and cold. Well, we like our Nutri-Bullet so far and you can really hear and feel the power of that blender motor.

Last edited:
I know it's not the same, but my daughter uses pint and quart mason jars on our blender to make smoothies in. The base for the blender fits perfect on these. you get a lot of contact from the blades with such a small volume, easy to clean because you can drink directly out of it. I really like it to make a parm dressing, so you don't have to clean out the big blender

Back
Top Bottom