Who juices (vegetables)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Sunbeam juicer, it's cheap and works fine for me. It's also got a blender and a spice grinder that you can attach.

Carrots and beets do stain it but that's just cosmetic anyway.
Here are some of my combo's.
Apple and beetroot
Tomato, cucumber and cellery
Carrot and orange
Blueberry and pear
Cucumber, spinach and parsley
pineapple, grape and carrot
Watermelon and strawberry
Papaya, apple and cherry
the possibilities are enless, hard to name them all!

I have a Champion juicer. Works well. I had a really good go with it for a while. Used it to supliment some meals, lost 25 lbs. Felt great. Haven't used it in a while. I think I should get it going again now that I have had my fill of red meat and beer for the summer season...

more than 20 years ago, I had a juicer...after I used it, I used to put hot water in it with some salt (as a slight abrasive) and it was almost self cleaning.

How do I know if juicer is likely to be good or a piece of junk by reading the side of the box?

I have relied on my Champion juicer for years, and still like it. Recently, someone gave me a "free" Green Life twin gear juicer. It was missing the screen and had a broken reduction gear...someone probably inserted the gears without aligning the timing marks. So my "free" Green Life cost $90, but it works well and is easy to clean. Makes good juice, dry pulp, and is remarkably quiet, unlike the Champion. I like it, but I'm not getting rid of the Champion.

I have a Breville juicer. I love it. It's relatively easy to clean and does a bang up job on most fruits and veggies.

My favorite breakfast combo is made from 3 good sized carrots, an apple, half a lemon, a 2-inch knob of ginger root (works wonders for arthritis), and a 2-inch chunk of beet (or about half of a good sized beet root). I have this every morning without fail. It's a yummy concoction that even my beet-hating wife loves.

Which model is it? and how many watts?

I have a Breville juicer. I love it. It's relatively easy to clean and does a bang up job on most fruits and veggies.

My favorite breakfast combo is made from 3 good sized carrots, an apple, half a lemon, a 2-inch knob of ginger root (works wonders for arthritis), and a 2-inch chunk of beet (or about half of a good sized beet root). I have this every morning without fail. It's a yummy concoction that even my beet-hating wife loves.

Steve, thank you for posting the link. I have the same one. Love it. But the reason I liked the link was because of the pictures. I did not think of it myself, but what a good idea to put a plastic bag so the junk goes right into a bag.
And totally of topic, where about do you live in the area? We must be neighbors.

My "free" Green Life juicer has just bit me for an additional $70 in parts, a plastic gearcase cover and a new idler gear, but the machine has proven to be worth it ($160, total). The parts guy, from Vitality Plus in Jamestown, MO, was helpful with setting a timing mark on the new gear and the machine is good as new. As I type I am sipping a glass of carrot, beet, celery, spinach, Granny Smith apple, garlic, ginger and cilantro. I could live on this stuff...and food.

Back
Top Bottom