Who Owns a Rice Cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you no longer have the scoop that came with your rice cooker a ratio of 1 : 1.5-1.75 rice to water is good.

Try both to see which works best for your cooker.

A regular dry measure totaling 1 cup, or any 1-cup Pyrex will do also.

I keep the scoop that came with the unit inside the bowl so that it won't ever get misplaced or lost.

The plastic spoon is kept in one of the utensil crocks.

Corey123 said:
A regular dry measure totaling 1 cup, or any 1-cup Pyrex will do also.

I keep the scoop that came with the unit inside the bowl so that it won't ever get misplaced or lost.

The plastic spoon is kept in one of the utensil crocks.

I threw the little cup that came with the rice cooker into the plexiglass cannister I keep my rice in, and the handle of the paddle fits neatly into the hole in the handle of the rice cooker.

I have a rice cooker......It's a 5 quart stainless steel saucepan with a glass lid.

3 cups parboiled rice
3 cups water

2 Tbs. Oil of choice
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
4 envelopes of chicken flavoring

Simmer for 17 minutes with lid on from boil point to finish. (dont mix during cooking or you'll end up with mush);)

Last edited:
Corey123 said:
I reside on the East Coast - Massachusetts, as the info under my avator says.

But if it burns the rice, then why would you want to give it to ME? What brand is it? I think the Zoshiroushi is a good brand. Some of them are a bit expensive.

Please forgive me for not reading the entire thread.

I own a Zojirushi Rice cooker and I must say, it was well worth the money. I looked around on ebay for one and found a 5.5 cup for 150 including the cost of shipping. I didn't bid right away and lost out on the auction. When I had the money to burn, I searched again and found another for 150 including shipping and bought it right away. Turns out, I bought a 10 cup. :LOL: LOL!!

It's very simple to use and it was well worth the 150 spent. My GF and I make a lot of dishes (and I like the rice by itself) so it's getting a work out. I've talked to a few others who have them. Some swear by the 30 dollar ones you can get a Wallmart, others complain about it cooking poorly, but than don't wanna spend cash on something better. A friend of ours has a Panasonic one (IIRC) that works good considering it's older than dirt, but doesn't compare to ours. :angel:

IMHO, as long as you make enough dishes calling for rice, you should spend the money on it. You can make everything from sticky rice to moist rice just by fiddleing with the amount of water you add.

Here's a pic of the one I own.

B000A7NN4I.01-A1EQ0IZ1XJ47BP.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

10 cups is WAAAAAYYYY more than we'll ever make, but for the price I found it on ebay for it's worked out well. It'll work more when we get out into our own place and I get to cook more!

Clutch said:
Please forgive me for not reading the entire thread.

I own a Zojirushi Rice cooker and I must say, it was well worth the money. I looked around on ebay for one and found a 5.5 cup for 150 including the cost of shipping. I didn't bid right away and lost out on the auction. When I had the money to burn, I searched again and found another for 150 including shipping and bought it right away. Turns out, I bought a 10 cup. :LOL: LOL!!

It's very simple to use and it was well worth the 150 spent. My GF and I make a lot of dishes (and I like the rice by itself) so it's getting a work out. I've talked to a few others who have them. Some swear by the 30 dollar ones you can get a Wallmart, others complain about it cooking poorly, but than don't wanna spend cash on something better. A friend of ours has a Panasonic one (IIRC) that works good considering it's older than dirt, but doesn't compare to ours. :angel:

IMHO, as long as you make enough dishes calling for rice, you should spend the money on it. You can make everything from sticky rice to moist rice just by fiddleing with the amount of water you add.

Here's a pic of the one I own.

B000A7NN4I.01-A1EQ0IZ1XJ47BP.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

10 cups is WAAAAAYYYY more than we'll ever make, but for the price I found it on ebay for it's worked out well. It'll work more when we get out into our own place and I get to cook more!

Mine doesn't come with that little holder on the side for the spoon. I wonder if I can get that as an accessory.

Mine has that same shape though, just smaller.

On both sides of the cooker, there are 2 little loop-like things that the spoon holder slides into. I'm sure if you look around in enough places, you could find one. Try ebay or amazon.

Like you, I also keep everything on the inside of the cooker when not in use. aside from when we are using it, the cooker is in the corner of her bedroom, so keeping the spoon in the holder is pointless. I'm not even sure if we'll have enough room to keep it out all the time when we move into an apartment. LOL!!

Basically, mine is kind of a small no-frills model. So I can't really complain about it. Not that I was. I'm still happy with it.

And BTW, how does one post a pic of something? Been wanting to know that for some time now.

Last edited:
To post a pic from another site, copy the URL. With the pointer on the picture, click the right mouse button (right click). Another window will pop up. On the very bottom, click on "properties" and another windon will open. Here you'll see a bunch of stuff and in the middle will be an addy (i.e. http ://www. yadayadayada. com (without the spaces.)) Highlight this and than right click again. Move to "copy" and click. Come back to your post and click that icon up where the bold, italic, ect. are that looks like a mountian witha sun the the right corner. Click that and enter the info you just copied (right click, paste, click) and :

header_discuss_cooking_logo.gif

Viola!

To upload one you have on your computer, you'll have to be in "advance post" and under the submit reply button, click the "manage attachments" button, Click "browse" and find the image that is on your computer you want to upload. click it and you'll come back to the screen where you clicked browse. now click "upload" and wait. You're now finsihed!

Sorry for the extremely wordy explanation. I just wanted to give you a step by step. I remember when I asked the same question, I got half the info I just supplied you and ended up asking about 6 more questions than I needed to. If you need any more help, drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help ya out!

Later,

Clutch

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom