WOLF oven question (regarding blue pans that come with it)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichelleSaurus

Assistant Cook
(My name is Michelle and I'm new here. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area.)

Hello!

My fiancee and I recently bought our first home which came with a Wolf oven. Very nice oven, by the way! The inside of the oven has blue racks and walls. Really nice looking. In one of the kitchen drawers I found some pans and racks of the same color. They appear to be related to the oven. Can anyone tell me what these are for exactly?

I'm mostly stumped why they have holes on the sides as if they're supposed to attach to something within the oven.

I'm a rather new "home maker" so any help is much appreciated. :)

Here are photos...

a4bmoh.jpg

jjycxz.jpg

2cpotwg.jpg

Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
I am not familiar with that brand of cook stove. If you can find the model number, you will likely be able to download a user manual that may answer your questions. As for the pic you posted, the first ones look like the oven racks that come (or at least used to) with conventional ovens, usually made of steel. I am also sure that someone will be along with more information and help. Again, welcome to D.C.!

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

I have the user manual and it says nothing of the sort about these accessories. I think they were purchased separately.

Also, as you did, I initially though they were oven racks at first, but they are much shorter than the width of the oven, and that still doesn't explain the holes on the sides of them.

It's possible the two "racks" in the third photo are actually meant to be mounted vertically on the sides of the oven to hold the baking pans at different levels.

The middle photo looks like it may be a cover for the back wall that has slots where a convection fan might be. Maybe convection is an option that you can add so they provide the fan cover?????

In the first photo, it looks like the to slotted pieces fit on top of the two pans to the left giving you two different sized broiler pans.

(not sure why I answered in reverse order)

I have a Wolf stove and there are no blue enameled pieces in the one I have. However, mine is at least 30 years old and a work horse. Since it's such a great stove, they started making them prettier for piles of money. I saw one in the Macy's Kitchen store for about $7,000 .. available for "Today's Home".
I'm wondering if they still make those models for home use since they were so expensive. A lot of restaurants have Wolf stoves.
Back to your accessories..the one on the right looks like a broiler pan just as many stoves have if there is a broiler unit. Mine does not have a broiler. The other ones look like baking vessels that will fit that oven. Wolf and SubZero are related maybe you could get info at a Sub Zero dealer.
If that stove works like my old work horse, you will love it. Two of my sisters and a niece have similar stoves to mine in their homes.

Hello Andy. Great quote from Sagan. :)

You're right about the broiler pans. Thank you!

The oven is already convection, and has a cover in the back (which looks different), so that's probably not it.

I'll try to put the racks on the sides ASAP.

Great answers. I wouldn't have thought of that!

Oldvine,

It is indeed a "workhorse." I've never cooked with an oven that works so precisely and looks so pretty. The whole inside of the oven is a nice cobalt blue. I looked up the model number, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw that it sells for around $17k. I would NEVER spend that much on an oven. That's outrageous!

Apparently (from what I was told by the general contractor who built this home a few years ago) the owner spared no expense on fittings... and the oven is a testament to that. Luckily I get the reap the benefits of those costly decisions... now if only I could figure out how to use it, lol. :)

Lucky you. If you ever move you will want to take that Wolf with you. We bought ours when we remodeled in town and brought it with us 19 years ago when we built this house.
Check a Sub-Zero guy for operating information. The carry Wolf products.

Back
Top Bottom