"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Okay--I've emptied my mailbox. I have cut and pasted the posts from those interested in seeing the list. It will take me awhile to get everything sorted. I have started with the little booklets from Pillsbury, etc. I have about 150 of those (or maybe more).
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Unwanted Cookbooks

First one to PM me:

Favorite Recipes: Kraft Velveeta. Quick Cooking with Velveeta Process Cheese Spread. Jan 1991.

First one to PM me, gets it. I will mail it when I'm in TX in January.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
GONE!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Sous Chef
 
Skittle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 985
Wait- just that one is gone, or all of them? I would still love to see a list of what you have...
__________________
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Wait- just that one is gone, or all of them? I would still love to see a list of what you have...
Just that one--I knew I didn't want it because I don't use Velveeta. There are lots more to come and I'll put the list out to everyone--this was a one-off.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
I have a big hunk of velveeta in my refrig and I have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking my picky child will surely like something smothered in processed cheese. Not going to lie though, I like the stuff. I am also a fan of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I prefer it over home cooked.
__________________
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
Sous Chef
 
Skittle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
I have a big hunk of velveeta in my refrig and I have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking my picky child will surely like something smothered in processed cheese. Not going to lie though, I like the stuff. I am also a fan of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I prefer it over home cooked.
Velveeta cheese is great for grilled cheese sandwiches, home made Mac and cheese, or you could try something different, like spam burgers:

1 can low sodium spam
1 can low sodium cream soup
1 small onion
1 1/2 inch block velveeta cheese

Grind all ingredient, mix together. Spread on day old buns and broil until golden brown.

(if you don't use low sodium they can be pretty salty) My mom grew up by a spam factory and this is one of the recipes my great grandma used to make. It's surprisingly good lol
__________________
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Velveeta cheese is great for grilled cheese sandwiches, home made Mac and cheese, or you could try something different, like spam burgers:

1 can low sodium spam
1 can low sodium cream soup
1 small onion
1 1/2 inch block velveeta cheese

Grind all ingredient, mix together. Spread on day old buns and broil until golden brown.

(if you don't use low sodium they can be pretty salty) My mom grew up by a spam factory and this is one of the recipes my great grandma used to make. It's surprisingly good lol
I don't know if I like spam but I do like canned corned beef! Could use that
__________________
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Sous Chef
 
Skittle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot

I don't know if I like spam but I do like canned corned beef! Could use that
Worth a try :) that sounds pretty good too!
__________________
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #20
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 545
In my 27 years I have never tried Velveeta. Am I missing out on something awesome?
__________________

__________________
Siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cookbooks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.