"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
Sous Chef

American Regional Cuisine. Lot's n' lot's of books on it already, but I'd love another one!

Old 11-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #12
Cook

Well Folks,
I am embarking on this project as part of a writing class I am in. All of the students are working on a nonfiction book (may or may not get published). We were allowed to choose any topic, my partner and I chose a cookbook.

Actually - a treasury of the American spirit celebrated through food. So far, the research has been delicious! And by delicious, I mean heartwarming as well as tasty. America has a great history of food, but it really is the people that make it special. I feel lucky, so far, just to meet some of them (even only on the internet).

Thanks so much!!!! It's such a pleasure to be part of this site, so many of you have been so helpful with this project and well, just plain ol' cooking questions! Happy Turkey leftovers to all!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Lisa's Kitchen
Well Folks,
I am embarking on this project as part of a writing class I am in. All of the students are working on a nonfiction book (may or may not get published). We were allowed to choose any topic, my partner and I chose a cookbook.

Actually - a treasury of the American spirit celebrated through food. So far, the research has been delicious! And by delicious, I mean heartwarming as well as tasty. America has a great history of food, but it really is the people that make it special. I feel lucky, so far, just to meet some of them (even only on the internet).

Thanks so much!!!! It's such a pleasure to be part of this site, so many of you have been so helpful with this project and well, just plain ol' cooking questions! Happy Turkey leftovers to all!
As others have pointed out, it is a popular niche. I can certainly attest to that, as I tend to gravitate toward books of that type. I just took a look and quickly counted 15 that might fit that label.

But whether or not your book goes beyond the classroom stage, it sounds as if you're enjoying the research. Best of luck!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

You might look at NPR's Kitchen Sisters series.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
Cook

I just went to NPR's.....what would I do without you guys!