America's Test Kitchen (ATK) - mag v. show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They show two episodes every Sat here. Yes the mag is similar to the show. They deconstruct recipes and review food and kitchen tools.

You know....
Some of us here might be acronym challeged......

TIA
;)

I don't have a clue what ATK is either - it would probably come to me if I thought about it but my head hurts too much to think. :neutral:

I'm sorry.

America's Test Kitchen. The PBS cooking show. They also have a magazine, Cook's Illustrated.

And their cookbooks are like the PBS show, too - at least the two I have. They discuss what was wrong with the original version, what they tried (and what things did or did not work - and why), and the final recipe solution to come up with what they consider to be The Best ....

I get cooks illistrated and its excatly liek the tv show.

Im sur you can find some of the shows on you tube.

stinks that the mag is every other mnth I think.

you can try it free last time i check at cooksillistrated.com

i did try it free and really like it. you don't get tht many issue for the money, though. i looked online and there are no discount subs.

That's because there is no advertising. At least beyond their own. So your subscription has to cover all the costs when a normal magazine is loaded with advertising to defray the costs.

thymeless

I don't subscribe to Cooks Illustrated, but then again I don't subscribe to any magazines. They usually don't catch up with us in our travels. I do pick them up at Barnes and Noble every other month and I've got every issue since 2000, They are quite good at what they do, but the ultimate authority is you and whether their profile fits your tastes. I love their Blueberry Cobbler recipe ( "The Best New Recipe" cookbook) but I cut back on the lemon zest because it was too tart for us.

I always miss the show, but have subscribed to the magazine for at least 10 years - I love it. I can't remember ever having a recipe from there turn out badly. Rather than hang on to the magazines, though, I have a subscription to the Web site, so I can search for recipes as I want them.

I love the show and the magazine. I love it too when they test the different cooking appliances and gadgets. That's how I found out what kind of waffle iron I wanted.

I love the show and the magazine. I love it too when they test the different cooking appliances and gadgets. That's how I found out what kind of waffle iron I wanted.

How do you think ATK stacks up against Consumer Reports on appliances, etc?......Do they differ in their opinions? I've never seen/read ATK reviews, so I'm curiouos....

I got a VillaWare Uno Series Classic Waffler 4-Square. It was about $80 and worth every penny!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom