America's Test Kitchen - Test Kitchen Favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've made the chicken broccoli ziti recipe (changed it a little the second time). It's a good one. Copied the recipe from the ATK website.

Caine, where can you purchase it through PBS? I'm looking on their website, but I can't find it anywhere under the "Shop PBS" section.

Does your PBS station carry the program? Two of mine do, and they advertise the cookbook and DVDs for sale at the end of every episode.

Once you determine you aren't interested, the key is to stop listening. Say, "No, Thanks." and hang up. Don't listen for a pause in the conversation. They will keep talking to keep you on the line.
Thats what I do if I get a call I tell them no thanks and please tale me off your phone list by law they are supposed to.I also signed up here which got rid of alot of them http://www.donotcall.gov

Last edited:
I've made the chicken broccoli ziti recipe (changed it a little the second time). It's a good one. Copied the recipe from the ATK website.
I changed this one around too. I had just pulled in a zucchini from the garden so I used that instead of the broccoli. It worked very well.

With the pot pie rec I will add a shot of sherry next time. That was the only thing that was missing.

I like ATK not just for the recipes but also for the cooking equipment evaluation. I really like their approach, almost scientific explaining the different combinations used to arrive at a certain recipe. I guess this relates to me being an Engineer by trade.
And relative to the Telemarketing topic: That's when speaking several languages helps a lot, Comprende? Capisce? Me entiende? Comprenez-vouz? LOL

as soon as i locate their 800 number, i'll be calling to order this book and video series.

sounds like a good deal.

I think America's Test Kitchen, their tv show, and their 2 magazines, Cook's Illustrated, and Cook's Country, their web subscription, and their books are top notch. But I am backing away from them because I'm so annoyed that they pull the stunt of "if you order one book, you get more automatically" Of course they say you can send it back, etc. but it's a pain. I had ordered their online subscription for one year, and then was notified last month that they had automatically renewed it, using my credit card. For one thing, I don't like outfits to have my credit card on file, and for another, I want something each year, not just assume. I had a devil of a time trying to find the phone number to cancel. They did that on 3 books too, sending them to me automatically on subsequent years. I'm going to let my subscription run out just because of this practice.

Back
Top Bottom