"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Master Chef

Anthony Bourdain Fans

Today, & from what I understand, all this week, The Travel Channel will be showing mini-marathons of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" show. I'd give you the times, but one could grow old & die waiting for The Travel Channel website to download. I tried 3 times today & finally gave up.

I caught up with the shows around 4 p.m. today, but don't know exactly when they started.

Just thought I'd give you Bourdain fans a heads up.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Head Chef

Thanks Breezy! I understand Tony's new season of No Reservations started on the Travel Channel on July 30th, so they are probably running the mini marathons as promos.

I love the show, can't wait to see some of the new ones!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Master Chef

He is a nut. Love him.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
Master Chef

From what I've seen for at least this week's weekdays, they'll be repeating Tony's shows every night at 8 p.m. There may be a different schedule for the weekend.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Master Chef

Just checked tonight's guide, & The Travel Channel food extravaganza starts at 7 p.m. with Andrew Zimmern's "Bizarre Foods" show, followed by three - count 'em three - back-to-back Bourdain "No Reservations" episodes!! I believe they'll be showing "Ghana", "Texas/Mexico Border", & Iceland".
Old 08-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
Head Chef

His book Kitchen Confidential Tells the truth about coming up through the ranks.. I know I started out under canvas at the state fair 14 yrs old and kept right on going. It was worth it
Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
Master Chef

ATTENTION Bourdain fans!!

Tonight the Travel channel will be having a "mini" Bourdain marathon starting at 6 p.m. And @ 8 p.m., Bourdain & Andrew Zimmern will be guests on each other's shows - both in/on New York - making for a 2-hour new-episode extravaganza!!

I can't wait - lol!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I personally think he has one of THE best jobs, EVER!

I was not too big a fan of his, but he has really grown on my. I like the show, and have really come to enjoy his dialog and antics.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
Master Chef

Bourdain DVD's

As part of my wedding anniversary present this past weekend, husband gave me a set of Bourdain's "No Reservations" DVD's!!!! Also gave me the DVD's of the short-lived "No Reservations" tv series based on Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential book, which I've never seen.

Can't tell you how much fun it's been watching "No Reservations" sans commercials!! The set contains "Paris", "New Jersey", "Sicily", "Las Vegas", "New Zealand", "Malaysia", "Iceland", & "Vietnam".

I'm in Bourdain heaven - lol!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
As part of my wedding anniversary present this past weekend, husband gave me a set of Bourdain's "No Reservations" DVD's!!!! Also gave me the DVD's of the short-lived "No Reservations" tv series based on Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential book, which I've never seen.

Can't tell you how much fun it's been watching "No Reservations" sans commercials!! The set contains "Paris", "New Jersey", "Sicily", "Las Vegas", "New Zealand", "Malaysia", "Iceland", & "Vietnam".

I'm in Bourdain heaven - lol!!!!
Where do I find a husband like that? Did you have to send him to a special school? I want their address! What a cool gift. I am truly envious.