Anybody else have a bookshelf in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually when we moved in this house it had a paper towel rack on the wall with a shelf above it. This house is small and space is limited so most of my cookbooks are there. The rest are in my laundry room with the rest of my food (my makeshift pantry).

I converted a small bread rack into a bookcase just for my cookbooks. DH is always trying to get rid of my cookbooks so he can try to take over some of the shelves. Bah, I say!

Nothing sitting out in my kitchen can't take a trip through soap and water. Too much grease potential.

The cook book shelf is in a narrow part of the cabinet the coffee makes sits on.

I can't see having alot of cookbooks, I follow very few recipes even once, better for me to look on the web, get an idea, then adjust from the beginning.

I can't see having alot of cookbooks, I follow very few recipes even once, better for me to look on the web, get an idea, then adjust from the beginning.

Come to think of it, the last 5 cookbooks I got were gifts. The last cookbook I bought was about 8 years ago.

I got lucky, my wife, whom I dearly love to talk about... went on Craigslist last week and found 4) 2ft x 5ft book shelves for $40. And they were close by so bringing them home was not a problem. Our Kitchen and family room, are sorta one big room, so one of the big shelves now lives between the kitchen and the family room along one wall of what I guess would be the breakfest nook. It is about half full of cookbooks with one of those think pink better homes and gardens cook book on a book holder, from AMCO my favorite producer of stainless steel kitchen acoutrements. It has a plastic cover for the front of the cookbook that has measurement equivalents etched on the front of it.

Hmm, I didn't mention that the laptop sits on the dining room table (kitchen/dining room combined), so does that count??:-p:-p

How many cook books are in it?

;)

I need an idiot box in the kitchen, I take lots of notes (understatement) which mysteriously disappear.

Big Pantry

We have a big pantry, 2 practically. Keep them on a shelf right there. Old & unused banished to remote bookshelf upstairs. :chef:

I don't actually have a bookshelf IN the kitchen but my kitchen is so small and with all my extra baking I buy in bulk, DH built me a wonderful extension. He put a pantry into the dining room on the beside the kitchen and backed it with a bookshelf into the living room. Then he drywalled it and painted it so it looks like it was always there. The bottom three shelves of the book case are all cookbooks with the other shelves full of nicknacks. But unfortunately I need to confiscate another shelf for the books, and soon!

It is funny to see people glance at the books on the shelves and realize they are ALL COOKBOOKS!

How many cook books are in it?

;)

I need an idiot box in the kitchen, I take lots of notes (understatement) which mysteriously disappear.

Oh, okay, I guess I have to add the laptop to the 3 (soon to be four)shelves of cookbooks. I think my recipe program has about 16 crammed full "cookbooks" in it.

Funny thing is, since my training I rarely follow a recipe, I just look at the pictures for ideas:LOL:

My hightest cupboard shelf is too tall for me to put food on without climbing to find the ones that get shoved back a few inches, so I put my cookbooks up there. Worked out perfectly!

At my previous house there was 3 little book shelves connecting two rows of cupboards, i used to love having my books right on the spot, how i miss those little shelves, this kitchen doesn't lend itself to shelves somehow !!!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom