Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baking Bread is getting much easier

Thank you. Lady Cook 61 and Pie Susan thanks for the information.
All suggestions sound super. Will try soon. Please keep posting any
tips that will help master this recipe.

Thanks again. All

Joe V., that should be two packages of yeast. It's corrected at the website.
I simply pointed to their website which should have the most current recipe. Obviously this slipped by them. Perhaps you could point this out to them on their blog.

Also, check pg 10 of their book to read about their feelings on those little packages of yeast.

I simply pointed to their website which should have the most current recipe. Obviously this slipped by them. Perhaps you could point this out to them on their blog.

Also, check pg 10 of their book to read about their feelings on those little packages of yeast.

They did correct it, and I wrote the correction in my copy of the book. The little packets are expensive, Joe, even at Walmart. I purchased a pound of SAF yeast, which is supposed to be pretty good.

Can I ask ... what do they say about the packages of yeast? It sure seems more economical to buy an entire jar!

It is expensive. It cost me almost two bucks for three 2 1/4 ounce packages of yeast. The pound of SAF yeast cost me less than five bucks. They said if you use the cake yeast, you will have to use twice as much. They didn't favor any brand of dry yeast over another.

Glad I looked here to see if anyone else has this book.
Just bought it last night.Can't wait to see how it all works out.

Thank you for linking the error page.I would never have known about it otherwise.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom