Asian Sauces & Marinades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Romany123

Senior Cook
By Wendy sweetsir.
Anybody used it? or can recommend any other book on the subject. I have a few but not a book that specializes in this area.

Are you looking for traditional Asian or Asian fusion? For more traditional, then you can pretty much pick up mostly any ethnic specific cookbook and you'll get traditional recipes with traditional flavors, techniques, and ingredients. For Asian fusion, then look for cookbooks by the following:

Alan Wong
Ming Tsai
Roy Yamaguchi
Sam Choy

These guys are generally thought to be the main guys who brought Asian fusion cooking to mainstream.

I have just had time to sit and look at your recommendations. I think that I probably phrased my post a little obscurely.
It is not recipes that I am looking for ( I have a good collection of recipes on the subject).
it is more specialized books that I am seeking, for instance I use books like "the magic of Saucery" by Sonia Stevenson, and "Sauces" by James Peterson ( which touch on the subject). I also rely heavily on books like "The culinary Artist" by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page to create my own recipes.
I think my verbalism on the question was slightly out of synchronization with what I was actually looking for.
Hope that has cleared things up.

Dave

Then you ought to get Barbara Tropp's books. I can't quite get the names now but her sauces are legendary---and demanding. But once made, they are absolutely delicious and complex and different.

Hmmmm, Barbara Tropp - now I'm on a mission also - Davie, will this be on our Christmas lists???? What a great idea you have. I try to go to different country's cooking every couple of years, but for some reason I can't seem to get away from Asian for three or four years now, just love it.

Jean my lovely lady
I will start a Christmas book list right now. Caroline has just bought me Wendy sweetsir's book for Christmas....I will tell her when she gets home :LOL:

Thanks Gretchen
I will have a look :cool: great this time of year :)

Back
Top Bottom