ATK Cookbook Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info (not that I really need another CB!). You obviously have some gifts in mind! (Unless you bought 3 other books). Lucky friends!

Last edited:
tenspeed, be sure to read the teeny tiny print on everything regarding your order. From what I remember that has been discussed in the past, once you order a book ATK has its hooks into you. You have to be careful and make sure you aren't automatically signed up for a new book to be sent when they publish it next year.

I also understand the phrase "teeny tiny" applied to the print in the book. You might want to get your cheaters ready if that's the case. ;)

CG, I looked closely for such things, and found nothing, fortunately, not even one of those things that I often have to un-click, just so I don't get frequent email ads in the future. And the email receipt I got, also had none of that tiny print, though I saved it, just in case! I'm always suspicious of these things, too.

pepper, maybe they changed the "rules" after Kimball left for Milk Street. After all, the discussion about books sent annually and tiny print for the recipes was a few years back. Maybe even in dog years. :D

tenspeed, be sure to read the teeny tiny print on everything regarding your order. From what I remember that has been discussed in the past, once you order a book ATK has its hooks into you. You have to be careful and make sure you aren't automatically signed up for a new book to be sent when they publish it next year.

I also understand the phrase "teeny tiny" applied to the print in the book. You might want to get your cheaters ready if that's the case. ;)
I've been using slickdeals for years. A quick scan through the comments will rate the deal, identify any oddities, etc. In this case the free shipping if the pre-coupon totaled $45 was in the comments, which I wouldn't have known otherwise. Their user community is quite good.

Oh, and I don't have three lucky friends. Those are different books, and they are gifts from me to me! :chef:

I guess I misunderstood, tenspeed. I thought you bought the books through ATK and their website. They're the ones with the "gotcha" fine print. I'm not much of a shopper for anything, and didn't know about "slickdeals". Not gonna look, not gonna look, not gonna look...

I guess I misunderstood, tenspeed. I thought you bought the books through ATK and their website. They're the ones with the "gotcha" fine print. I'm not much of a shopper for anything, and didn't know about "slickdeals". Not gonna look, not gonna look, not gonna look...
When a deal is listed on slickdeals and you click on the deal, you are redirected to the merchant's site. In this case it was ATK, so I made the purchase directly from ATK. I've found that comments from the user community are highly reliable, and if there was a gotcha, it wouldn't be missed. Not only do they rate the deal, there are also a lot of product ratings and comparisons. Obviously you can't take every opinion as gospel, but I've also learned about differences in features that I wouldn't otherwise know.

It's safe for you to look - this deal is dead. I've also learned that the best deals from internet merchants can be very short lived.

I was so glad you told me about this, tenspeed. I was just seeing things on slickdeals that didn't really mean anything to me, and I'd just delete them from my emails. Then, a couple of days ago, I got an offer for the KA Pro 600 I had been looking at - they way I got on their list, because they knew things I was looking at! It was so cheap, that I thought that it was one of those "reconditioned" ones, or something like that, but it's brand new! It's also 590 w - the higher power I've seen. Most were 575w, some were lower - 550w (and cheaper), found at places like Walmart. I hadn't totally made up my mind, weather to fix it, or buy one, until I got this offer. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom