"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Best Church Supper Recipes

This is one of the best cookbooks I brought this year. I collect cookbooks and this is one of my favorites right now. It's call "Best Church Supper Recipes" and it's from Taste of Home.

It has recipes that should be easy for any beginner and also some challenging ones. It also has some really good pictures to go along with some of the recipes. It has over 500 recipes. Anybody who loves cookbooks would love, love, love this one!

__________________

__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,766
thanks for the heads up, nikki.

is it regional, or do they try to cover different parts of the country. or other countries.

you know, like our kid brothers canada and mexico, and our "little too smart for his own britches cousin, england"?.
__________________

__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
thanks for the heads up, nikki.

is it regional, or do they try to cover different parts of the country. or other countries.

you know, like our kid brothers canada and mexico, and our "little too smart for his own britches cousin, england"?.

LOL, I really don't know...Is there something in the book that would tell you that? There is a website..Find Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts, Holiday Recipes & Healthy Cooking Tips, | Taste Of Home.
__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
This is one of the best cookbooks I brought this year. I collect cookbooks and this is one of my favorites right now. It's call "Best Church Supper Recipes" and it's from Taste of Home.

It has recipes that should be easy for any beginner and also some challenging ones. It also has some really good pictures to go along with some of the recipes. It has over 500 recipes. Anybody who loves cookbooks would love, love, love this one!
Thanks Nikki! I've bookmarked the cookbook on Amazon. I'll buy it soon! How can I go wrong for $11?
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Thanks Nikki! I've bookmarked the cookbook on Amazon. I'll buy it soon! How can I go wrong for $11?

Can't go wrong there. Especially when I paid $16 for it in a store... lol
__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
thanks for the heads up, nikki.

is it regional, or do they try to cover different parts of the country. or other countries.

you know, like our kid brothers canada and mexico, and our "little too smart for his own britches cousin, england"?.

You know what, I just took my time and read through your question again and no I wouldn't say it's international. It basically covers American foods. But I do have an old one at home that does. I got it used online at betterworldbooks.com. I only paid $3.50...I think . But it's a great site to get used and new cookbooks...well any kind of books.
__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Can't go wrong there. Especially when I paid $16 for it in a store... lol
thanks.

those are always the best cookbooks, imo. it's funny. the only recipes i actually follow word for word are homey cookbooks like that. i tend to get more creative with more professional recipes like it's a given. . not sure why that is.
__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Head Chef
 
jusnikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
thanks.

those are always the best cookbooks, imo. it's funny. the only recipes i actually follow word for word are homey cookbooks like that. i tend to get more creative with more professional recipes like it's a given. . not sure why that is.

I promise you, you'd like this one. I bought it because of one recipe I saw in it as I was flipping thru. And it has sooo many recipes I can't wait to try.
__________________

__________________
jusnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
supper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.