"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
Head Chef

I suppose Bruce Aidell's and Denis Kelly's "The Comlete Meat Cookbook" might come close to being a veg free zone.

It has some good information about the various cuts of meat, sort of in the style of Merle Ellis' book (which it is not a substitute for), but has many more recipes.

The recipes are, not surprisingly, for meat dishes. A vegetable reading the book would almost certainly feel an outcast, with those recipes calling for veggies generally including little more than tomato products, a member of the onion family, or a chile or two.

In virtually all the dishes the veggies take a minor supporting role. The only actual non-meat recipe I remember is for coleslaw. But it is to jazz up a pork sandwich, so I suppose a true carnivore might, albeit grudgingly, accept its admission.

That is as close to a book for flora shunning cellulose-phobic folks as I can come.