Cookbooks --- I found a whole list of rare ones!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choclatechef

Washing Up
I was minding my own business this morning, searching the internet for a photo of an African American chef I could use as my avatar, and I ran into this great site!

Apparently someone donated tons of African American cookbooks to the University of Alabama! They listed them, and I copied the list to use as a basis of determining what I am going to need to buy!

Here is the link: http://www.lib.ua.edu/lupton.htm

I thought maybe mudbug, Audeo, Southerncook, and a few others might be interested in some of these cookbooks.

What do you Think?

Wow, Chocolatechef, what a find! You have all sorts of things to add to the "what do you want for Christmas" thread now, don't you?!?! :D

Sure do PA!

Unfortunately, if I want cookbooks, I will have to buy them myself. No one is llikely to buy me one.

Wow. That is one huge collection they have amassed! I'd like to spend a couple of days thumbing through some of those books with a big notepad at my side!

Wow choclate.......good luck in finding them. I'll keep my eye out for any african-american cookbooks at sales I go to. We already have the one book in common. If I find any I'll let you know. Good Luck!

awwww thanks choclate....I get just as excited when I find something someone else is looking for as when I find something I'm looking for. If I can do the same for someone else the smile is more than worth it :) . I'm trying to steer clear of collecting anymore cookbooks myself becaue I'm running out of room to store them. But I love leafing through them and magazines and writing down just those recipes I truely want to try out. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom