"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #21
Senior Cook

I own both MasterCook and AccuChef. [Even bought legit copies!]

I won't recommend either as I think the Word idea has real merit.

If I build from scratch and like what I did, I write it down and sooner but usually later I type it into something cause my real recipes are in a couple 3 ring binders.

If I use one of the recipes from here or on the web, I highlight the portion I want and paste into WORD. After I have made that recipe- I'll have notes all over the print out- I then go back to WORD and modify or at least comment that recipe.

If I need a nutritional listing some times I'll use one of the programs to get it but last week I tried to get a listing and MasterCook couldn't tell me the values on PennCove Mussels or any other.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
Master cook costs $20. Regi Dean is free: http://www.homeplansoftware.com/recipe.htm

I just downloaded and installed Regi Dean's. What a top little piece of software. Everything you need and so simple to use. I can put my recipes here as easily as typing into Wordpad but with a polished result. I have used other progs but they were all a pain in the neck to enter and edit. Thanx for the tip.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneT
Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
Master cook costs $20. Regi Dean is free: http://www.homeplansoftware.com/recipe.htm

I just downloaded and installed Regi Dean's. What a top little piece of software. Everything you need and so simple to use. I can put my recipes here as easily as typing into Wordpad but with a polished result. I have used other progs but they were all a pain in the neck to enter and edit. Thanx for the tip.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!