"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
It's a great mag; I get it too. I think it's a lot better than the Cooking Club of America one that I used to get.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustCooker
Alot of the same content but at a reduced rate and available real time. The neat thing about the site is that you get everything in the actual magazine, plus a ton more.

Anyway you can sign up to be notified about the member site by going to www.CuisineAtHome.com.
I'm glad to see this information! I like this magazine too, but haven't subscribed. I'd rather have the website anyway. That's what I do with Cook's Illustrated - I'm a member of the website rather than the magazine. That way, I don't have to store all the copies, it's stored for me and I can just search for whatever information I want, whenever I need it. I really like it!

I'll definitely go check that out. Thanks!

Valerie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
digigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I subscribed to Cuisine at Home 2 yrs ago. My subscription ran out last March and I didn't renew it. I happened to look at the calorie and fat index and was astonished at how high the sodium, fat and calorie counts were. On most of the recipes the fat content was 40 grmas or higher. Several were in the 50 plus category. The calories often amounted to 900 and above per serving. I decided this magazine was not for me. I was also on their cooking forum and many people complained about the high counts as well. The food looks great but some didn't like the finished product. I was concerned more with the calories, sodium and fat content than the outcome.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #14
Master Chef

Drama Queen - check out "Eating Well" magazine. I've been getting that one for several years now & really like it. Focus is on easy-to-make gourmet food with healthy readouts re: sodium, fat, etc., etc.

I base a magazine's renewal on how many recipes from every issue I'm tempted to make - & I ALWAYS make several recipes from "Eating Well"'s issues.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Breezy: I do subscribe to Eating Well. Their recipes are much healthier and I like the information given in EW. Cuisine at Home is a good magazine; too bad you have to eat their recipes in the hospital parking lot.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #16
Sous Chef

I got one of my families favorite chicken recipies from that magazine, right up there with Cooks Illustrated in my book.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Does anyone subscribe to this. I'd received a copy in the mail some time ago and inadvertently just put it with all my other cookbook/magazine material and didn't look at it. Well last night I pulled out some of my reading material to get some ideas and discovered this.....I love it! I'm a little leary of the $22 a year subscription though as you only get 6 issues. I'm just wondering if all the issues are as good as the one I received. The one I have is the one with Chicken Piccata on the cover.
I've subscribe to this mag for about a year and a half and find that it is the only one I really use a lot. I've discontinued all but this one and the Cook's Illustrated mag. Don't even pick those up at the grocery store and book store that I used to. I like that these are easy to keep and categorize also. Buy and enjoy!
B.P
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
Executive Chef

It's really good. So many of the recipes are repeaters...make that again!