Cuisine at Home Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Does anyone subscribe to this. I'd received a copy in the mail some time ago and inadvertently just put it with all my other cookbook/magazine material and didn't look at it. Well last night I pulled out some of my reading material to get some ideas and discovered this.....I love it! I'm a little leary of the $22 a year subscription though as you only get 6 issues. I'm just wondering if all the issues are as good as the one I received. The one I have is the one with Chicken Piccata on the cover.

I subscribed to it for a year & did like it. In fact, you've just reminded me that my renewal is past due.

Even though I do have hundreds of cookbooks, I do still enjoy several of the magazines for recipes & just plain fun reading. I currently subscribe to "Eating Well" & "Saveur" as well. "Saveur" is definitely my all-time favorite for reading enjoyment.

Yes I subscribe and I love it. It is by far my favorite cooking mag. The price is a bit steep, but worth it IMO.

Yes each issuse is as good as the last. I love that there are no ads so the mag really does have a ton of useful info in to. The tips are great and the recipes are amazing.

pdswife said:
I get TASTE OF HOME it's by the same people ( I think) and I love it.

I used to subscribe to this but found that many of the recipes didn't appeal to me. Dad also got this and Quick Cooking when he was living and would give me his copies after he looked at them. But neither really appealed to me.

I'll have to give some serious thought about subscribing to the Cusine mag.

Thanks everyone!

pdswife said:
I get TASTE OF HOME it's by the same people ( I think) and I love it.
I work for the company that publishes Cuisine At Home (August Home Publishing) and I thought I'd let you know that Taste of Home is not one of our publications.

It's neat to see that people appreciate the magazine. The editors are constantly coming up with new and fun stuff. I know people get mad when people advertise on forums like this, but just to let you all know, Cuisine At Home is about to launch a new Member Web site that will have lots of new recipes, videos, classes, ware reviews, etc. It's about to go into beta which will allow 3000 people to test it and provide feedback.....the site should go live around September. If you like the mag, you may want to check out the Member Site when it goes live. Alot of the same content but at a reduced rate and available real time. The neat thing about the site is that you get everything in the actual magazine, plus a ton more.

Anyway you can sign up to be notified about the member site by going to www.CuisineAtHome.com.

FYI, for anyone interested....

Taste of Home is published by Reiman Publications.
They also published Quick Cooking and currently publish Cooking for 2, Light & Tasty and Simple & Delicious under the Taste of Home heading. They also have some country-oriented magazines. I subscribe to Country Woman and love it. Has recipes, crafts, stories relating to living in the country....

check out www.ReimanPublications.com

when you click on the magazine, it will take you to that magazine's website.

I personally love their magazines. no ads. lots of good recipes and stories.

I usually pick up Cuisine at Home at a used book store within a couple of weeks of the issue release. I get for half price this way besides getting to scan the magazine first to discard the "duds".
Some libraries might carry it for those who don't want to subscribe.
There are so many cooking magazines now it would be very impractical to subscribe to them all.

It's a great mag; I get it too. I think it's a lot better than the Cooking Club of America one that I used to get.

AugustCooker said:
Alot of the same content but at a reduced rate and available real time. The neat thing about the site is that you get everything in the actual magazine, plus a ton more.

Anyway you can sign up to be notified about the member site by going to www.CuisineAtHome.com.

I'm glad to see this information! I like this magazine too, but haven't subscribed. I'd rather have the website anyway. That's what I do with Cook's Illustrated - I'm a member of the website rather than the magazine. That way, I don't have to store all the copies, it's stored for me and I can just search for whatever information I want, whenever I need it. I really like it!

I'll definitely go check that out. Thanks!

Valerie

I subscribed to Cuisine at Home 2 yrs ago. My subscription ran out last March and I didn't renew it. I happened to look at the calorie and fat index and was astonished at how high the sodium, fat and calorie counts were. On most of the recipes the fat content was 40 grmas or higher. Several were in the 50 plus category. The calories often amounted to 900 and above per serving. I decided this magazine was not for me. I was also on their cooking forum and many people complained about the high counts as well. The food looks great but some didn't like the finished product. I was concerned more with the calories, sodium and fat content than the outcome.

Drama Queen - check out "Eating Well" magazine. I've been getting that one for several years now & really like it. Focus is on easy-to-make gourmet food with healthy readouts re: sodium, fat, etc., etc.

I base a magazine's renewal on how many recipes from every issue I'm tempted to make - & I ALWAYS make several recipes from "Eating Well"'s issues.

Breezy: I do subscribe to Eating Well. Their recipes are much healthier and I like the information given in EW. Cuisine at Home is a good magazine; too bad you have to eat their recipes in the hospital parking lot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SizzlininIN said:
Does anyone subscribe to this. I'd received a copy in the mail some time ago and inadvertently just put it with all my other cookbook/magazine material and didn't look at it. Well last night I pulled out some of my reading material to get some ideas and discovered this.....I love it! I'm a little leary of the $22 a year subscription though as you only get 6 issues. I'm just wondering if all the issues are as good as the one I received. The one I have is the one with Chicken Piccata on the cover.
I've subscribe to this mag for about a year and a half and find that it is the only one I really use a lot. I've discontinued all but this one and the Cook's Illustrated mag. Don't even pick those up at the grocery store and book store that I used to. I like that these are easy to keep and categorize also. Buy and enjoy!
B.P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom