"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #182
Chef Extraordinaire

Tonight's freebies:

35 Coffee Cake Recipes - The Ultimate Coffee Cake Recipe Collection (The Cake Recipes and Recipes For Cakes Series): Pamela Kazmierczak: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Back again if you missed this in July:

31 Gourmet Casseroles - The Gourmet Casserole Cookbook For The Foodie (The Casserole Recipes and Casserole Dishes Collection): Pamela Kazmierczak: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Twice As Nice: 25 Chicken Breast Recipes for Today and Later: Sandra Liu: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Back again if you missed this in September:

The Diabetic Cookbook (Fast, Delicious, Diabetic Meals For The Busy Diabetic): Sharon Jones: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Just in time for those whose New Year's resolution is to shed a few pounds:

Lazy Low Cal Lifestyle Cookbooks #1 And #2 Combined: Becky Clark: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Since it is soup season, this one looks interesting:

My Slow Cooker Soups: Quality Great Tasting Soup Recipes for the Slow Cooker: Pauline Harding: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Grabbed this one, although I don't drink coffee, I could maybe get into some decaf iced coffee drinks next summer:

In The World of Iced Coffee - How to prepare the ultimate cold drink: Cooking Penguin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Enjoy!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #184
Chef Extraordinaire

Here's a freebie Kindle e-cookbook:

30 Delicious Ice Cream Cake Recipes: Lori Burke: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Old 12-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #186
Chef Extraordinaire

I was reading this one last night:

Cook the Part: Karin Eastham, Traci O'Very Covey, Cari Lightfoot Pike: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

I so wish I had enough friends to invite (and space) to do this. I think this would be a great idea for a community ed course, but instead of eating, the class participants would take the food home--kind of like a cooking class for grown ups. Did anyone else grab this when it came around? Thoughts?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #187
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I was reading this one last night:

Cook the Part: Karin Eastham, Traci O'Very Covey, Cari Lightfoot Pike: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

I so wish I had enough friends to invite (and space) to do this. I think this would be a great idea for a community ed course, but instead of eating, the class participants would take the food home--kind of like a cooking class for grown ups. Did anyone else grab this when it came around? Thoughts?
That does sound like fun! I'm on cookbook hiatus right now...even freebies. Have to get my diet under control without reading about all the food I can't have.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #188
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That does sound like fun! I'm on cookbook hiatus right now...even freebies. Have to get my diet under control without reading about all the food I can't have.
I've been thinking about your diet, PF (eating lifestyle changes). Are you going to share the changes you are making with us?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #189
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I've been thinking about your diet, PF (eating lifestyle changes). Are you going to share the changes you are making with us?
Actually, I owe it all to you and your diet. Adding beans, whole grains. Not trying to be a copycat...your diet sounds like it can be the best of both Diabetic and heart worlds for me. Thanks! Also shooting for 12oo calories a day, so portion control will also be big.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #190
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Actually, I owe it all to you and your diet. Adding beans, whole grains. Not trying to be a copycat...your diet sounds like it can be the best of both Diabetic and heart worlds for me. Thanks! Also shooting for 12oo calories a day, so portion control will also be big.
Wow--I'm humbled. Don't forget LOTs of veggies. I eat a lot of greens--2x as many greens on the plate as protein or grains. Remember, I don't eat a lot of bread or pasta. Good to know it is heart and diabetic diet friendly. I'll be trying to get my dad to join me for breakfast next time I venture west...I also don't eat pre-packaged foods. And, as much as I love cheese, I've been restricting that (okay, the turkey casserole was WAY over the top for cheese, etc., but that is not how I eat every day). If you load up on the right balance of protein-fat-greens-grains at breakfast, you will not be hungry until you are ready for lunch. Good luck!!!

Tags
cookbooks