"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Electronic organizers

Does anyone use an electronic organizer to keep track of all your books?

I've kept my books listed on Word, but I recently found this one and like it so far, though there are some things I would like to be an option in printing.
BookDB - book database freeware

open to any other to try. preferably freeware as the above is.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

I really like Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software, published by the Cookbook People. It took about ten seconds to learn, and it's the only one I've seen that's designed from the ground up to get you a printed cookbook right from you computer. It comes with a LOT of templates, so I was able to make a book that really fit my tastes. (I'm mormon, and they had a template designed just for us LDS!)

It's not free, unfortunately, but I guess the best things in life aren't. I definetly think it was worth the $25 though. Here's the link:
Cookbook Software 27 Custom Templates: CookbookPeople.com

Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Thanks Mavis. I would like a recipe organizer also. I'll have to check it out.

But for this thread, I'm talking about the electronic organizers that keep track of all your books, not necessarily cookbooks. You can enter in the title of the book, author, date, edition, publisher name, price paid, category, where it's stored at, etc. Then you know what you own. or if you find a good deal on a hardback, you can check to see if the copy you have is paperback. that sort of thing. You can post them in different categories. like for cookbooks you can post The Joy of Cooking in Cookbooks-General and in Cookbooks-American. You make up the categories. The one I found actually works really well. I just want more options with what to print and how. But I haven't really played with it too much.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and what they use.

although it would be nice to be able to keep track of your recipes also. p# in such-and-such cookbook....