"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Fine Cooking Annual Cookbook!

Just a heads up, Fine Cooking just published their first annual cookbook. It has all the best recipes from 2006 in one hardcover cookbook. No articles, just recipes, but there are small tip and technique boxes throughout.

Got it at Costco for $19.99

IT IS AWESOME!!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I'll have to check that out, thanks! I subscribe to fine cooking, it's my favorite! I love all the photos and great tips they have.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
sounds interesting...something to check out the next time i visit costco. Thanks for the info
Old 02-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalondeb
Just a heads up, Fine Cooking just published their first annual cookbook. It has all the best recipes from 2006 in one hardcover cookbook. No articles, just recipes, but there are small tip and technique boxes throughout.

Got it at Costco for $19.99

IT IS AWESOME!!!!
This would "seem" to be true but it isn't. They DO publish an annual of all their recipes for each year and it is available along about now. This is a compilation of many recipes from several years--STILL a great great cookbook to have because their recipes are so dependable and well written and explained.
Their small softcover cookbooks that come out from time to time (right now, Week-end Cooking is out--a good cassoulet recipe is among that one's) are also quite good. I have only been able to resist a couple of them.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the heads up, CandoCook!

I have every issue of the magazine, but I'd love to get a hardcover annual for any previous years. I looked them up on Amazon, but the only hardcover cookbook was the annual I already have.

Do you have the link where I could get them online?

BTW - here is the link to the annual I was talking about:

Amazon.com: Fine Cooking Annual: A Year of Great Recipes, Tips & Techniques: Books: Fine Cooking

The preface of the cookbook says, "For the first time ever, we've gathered the best starters, salads, side dishes, sweets, soups, stews - you name it - from the past year into one volume."

But, as I said, if there are other annuals out there, I'd kill to get it!!! Let me know!!! Thanks!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Sous Chef

You may be able to get some of them on the Fine Cooking site. For earlier copies of the Annual or the magazine, try EBay.
I've seen the book and will probably get it for our children. I have 'way too many cookbooks. They are wonderful recipes.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Sometimes in the magazine they'll advertise for previous annuals. Here's this too Books & Videos - Cooking
I also like the "How to crack an egg" book. Full of tips for the kitchen.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Now I understand what you all are talking about!!! The previous annual are basically the year's magazines bound together into one book!! I have a couple of years of Cook's Illustrated that are bound that way.

The "Annual Cookbook" is different, it has all year's recipes reprinted according to course, all the appetizers are together, all the fish courses are together, etc. Which might be convenient if you are looking for an appetizer you saw and that way you don't have to remember which issue it was in...

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll get the green bound annuals as well. Thanks all!!!