Foods of the World Time Life cookbook series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the group!
I'm sorry I can't help you ..I've never heard of these books.
I'm sure thought that someone will be along shortly to give an opinion.:):)

Welcome to DC!!
I've not heard of them either, but, Time Life is a good name for magazines.

8.gif

Thanks for the welcome pdswife and texasgirl!

I'm "attempting" to be more careful about the cookbooks I add to my collection (at last count I had over 250, I'm afraid to count them again!). They usually find their way home anyways.:mrgreen:
I believe there are 28 books to this collection - each specializing in a different country or region around the world. I have "The Cooking of Provincial France" book already and am just not sure if I would actually use it, although I do like the information. Didn't know if the rest of the collection is the same way.
I can pick up quite a few at a local thrift store (my favorite place to "shop" for cookbooks). Just need help making a decision....

over 250:ohmy:
I thought I was doing good with 5:LOL:
Someone on here will probably be able to help, just hang tight a little longer. Some of them aren't on every night.

and the 250 count is NOT including the pamphlet style ones (the ones by the checkout stand) - although I probably only have about 20 of those....I don't buy them anymore.

I know, I have a problem..... books in general I love and bring home a lot of them... My husband wants to build me a library room - I say go for it honey!!:clap:

I really don't know how many I have - maybe 250 - maybe not, but I try to keep most of them in one bookcase, except the ones on my nightstands and in the bookcase in my bedroom (those I'm reading quite often). I got one of the copy cat cookbooks a few months back and it is very interesting reading.

I'm hoping I'll get an enclosed bookcase for the kitchen specifically for cookbooks.... we'll see.
I have a total of 3 bookcases and ALL are overflowing onto the floors... plus other stacks elsewhere around the house... Books just seem to follow me home! They're not all cookbooks though.

That's why I have to learn to be picky :ohmy: about which ones to get or not, hence my question about the Foods of the World series. If the books are so-so, then I won't pick them up.

I need to rid myself of lots of books, but I know they will probably be carried out right after I am. We have built-in book cases in the living room flanking the fireplace. In the family room we have one half the length of the room. In the back hall we have a wall to wall floor to ceiling book case and I have a couple of freestanding and they are all full. I'm not collecting any more cookbooks, teapots, or roosters and will start giving some of these things to my grandchildren as they get a bit older.

Kathyj, in the 1970's my mom purchased that Time Life series- I guess they update and publish new ones every so often. They were interesting, and she loved them but I don't think she ever used them even once. I actually made a Russian honey cake for a 7th grades social studies project from a recipe in one of those books, and I think my French "potage parmentier" (creamy leek & potato soup) (also from 7th grade French class) comes from the series. I still make that soup! One of my daughters (who took French in 9th grade) brought home a xerox copy of almost the identical recipe - much to my amusement. I have a lot of cook books, too, and I know what you mean about trying to be careful about what you bring into the house.... Welcome, by the way! Sandyj

I have two of the Time-Life sewries of cookbooks. Their Seriies "Fresh Ways of.." is excellent. Every recipe worth trying. The Series: "The Good Cook,,," is mixed. Some of the books are worth having but not all.

However, in general, the standard of the books, and the recipes, is a high one. I browse through them very often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom