Found a book while cleaning out some storage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I found a book while cleaning out some storage areas at work. It's the Readers Digest Country Ways book from 1988. The second section is recipes. There appears to be some very nice straight forward country cookin' recipes in it from dumplins to shoofly pie...

It will go well with my collection of old recipe books.

Reader's Digest always caters to the average American and I'm guessing that the recipes are going to be simple and with basic ingredients. Most of the newer food sections in magazines seem to be trending to the more exotic which is fine but when you're married to a meat and potatoes guy who grew up with the only spices of salt and pepper and not too much of those, I sometimes have a difficult time finding new recipes to try that don't call for something unusual. I hope you will try them out and let us know what you think of them.

I found a book while cleaning out some storage areas at work. It's the Readers Digest Country Ways book from 1988. The second section is recipes. There appears to be some very nice straight forward country cookin' recipes in it from dumplins to shoofly pie...

It will go well with my collection of old recipe books.
I love those. Gosh, feel free if any of them look incredible to semi:ROFLMAO: post.

Back
Top Bottom