Fund Raiser Cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty certain that sales tax is mandatory in California regardless of whether the book is for charity, but I'm absolutely certain that the laws differ from state to state.

If the organization has an IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt status - taxes generally do not have to be collected. Cookbooks sold by a religious organization often fall into a tax exampt status - but depending on how marketed, may not be.

I don't think state sales tax has to be collected by a non-progfit organization, but my only real experience in this area has been back when I lived in Oregon.

I do like these community cookbooks. Some of the recipies are somewhat simplistic and dated, but most of the authors of the recipies are experienced cooks.

I like community cookbooks, fundrasing cookbooks, etc.
I just wish that if there was the same recipe, they wouldn't include it numerous times. I don't want to be going through the cookbook and seeing the same recipe in 6 different places for the same thing.
Just put 1 entry in, and list the different contributors.

"seeing the same recipe in 6 different places for the same thing."

I agree completely - when someone cares enough to put together a cookbook such as this, care should be taken also, to not repeat!!!!!!!

I agree - some of the recipes are the same ol' same ol', but I have found some clever recipes from these books, also.

My favorite "cookbook" is the one I have from my daughter's kindergarten class - each child hand wrote their favorite recipe - some were very simple and some were pretty elaborate - quite tasty too!

Back
Top Bottom