FYI-vintage/public domain cookbooks for download

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSC

Head Chef
Don't know if this has been posted before, but sometimes repetition is a good thing!
If you like reading vintage cookbooks, then there are over 2,000 of them available as a free download in a number of formats.
Go to: http://www.archive.org/details/texts
When you get there, do a search for 'cook book', as written but without the apostrophes and all those books will come up ready for download.

That is an amazing find. I had dang near forgotten about the Internet Archive.
It is a fascinating resource.
Thanks for posting this!!!
My pleasure, should be a terrif resource for those who like vintage cookbooks and didn't know about it.

That's definitely ME! I love old cookbooks. Have you read any of these?
LOL, ama a compulsive "collector" and have downloaded dozens of them and read parts of all of them. It's a terrif window on the past when for sure, things were vastly different.
Also there are some significant cookbooks in the collection like the original Delmonico's in New York, by Chef Frank ranhofer.

I found one church one from the late 1890's that is from a small town not too far from where I grew up! How cool is that?!?!?!

Don't know if this has been posted before, but sometimes repetition is a good thing!
If you like reading vintage cookbooks, then there are over 2,000 of them available as a free download in a number of formats.
Go to: Free Books : Download & Streaming : Ebook and Texts Archive : Internet Archive
When you get there, do a search for 'cook book', as written but without the apostrophes and all those books will come up ready for download.

I'm only getting 14 books listed...help! Must...have...more...for...my...fix...!:whistling

I'm only getting 14 books listed...help! Must...have...more...for...my...fix...!:whistling
Looks like the text for the link I posted got changed...but the link is correct.
http://www.archive.org/details/texts
When there, go to where it say search, put in:
cook book
and click on "find"
Just tried it and you should get the first page with several books listed and a message saying "Books 1 through 50 of 2,187 books, followed by links to all the succeeding pages.

Looks like the text for the link I posted got changed...but the link is correct.
Free Books : Download & Streaming : Ebook and Texts Archive : Internet Archive
When there, go to where it say search, put in:
cook book
and click on "find"
Just tried it and you should get the first page with several books listed and a message saying "Books 1 through 50 of 2,187 books, followed by links to all the succeeding pages.

Ah! We had a ID-10T problem on this end. I was insisting on calling them "cookbook"s, one word!

Thanks!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom