Got a great new cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Bought a fantastic new cookbook a while back. Had it for awhile...but finally getting a chance to use it.

Called "It's All American Food" by David Rosengarten
Basically, he ties together ethnic food with the foods we eat everyday!!!

If you a comfort food fanatic, like I am...
CHECK IT OUT!!!

Congrats Eric! I've put a halt on my cookbook buying. I'm running out of places to store them. I love just thumbing through them on a lazy day let alone trying out those that catch my eye. Enjoy!!

I love David Rosengarten - his 'All American Food' is a great mish-mash of the traditional in all styles of 'American' cooking - a great reference for the old cookbook shelf!

Thanks for the tip. Going shopping Thursday and will look at it.

Has anyone bought, or looked at ,Ina Garten's new book "Barefoot In Paris"? If so, do you like it?

Looking for gifts for a couple of foodie friends.

Erik, I recently got that cookbook also! I haven't made anything from it yet but it is a great read! I love the way he tells the origins of the recipes.

Is DR the dude with the closely trimmed beard? If so, I used to subscribe to his newsletter. I may have to get ahold of that cookbook. However, I just bought two.
Les Halles and Alton Brown's baking book.

I may have to put it on the wish list.

Who am I kidding? Cookbooks are like Jello to me. There's always room for them (it). I'm going to Borders Friday!!!

RJ

Erik said:
Bought a fantastic new cookbook a while back. Had it for awhile...but finally getting a chance to use it.

Called "It's All American Food" by David Rosengarten
Basically, he ties together ethnic food with the foods we eat everyday!!!

If you a comfort food fanatic, like I am...
CHECK IT OUT!!!
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee him.. he's not on anymore :cry: .. where did you get the cookbook?

david rosengarten is doing a meet-n-greet tour this month in joisey this month. must be a prmotional thing for a new cookbook or something he's selling. i used to like his shows, and i always thought the way he pretentiously chose wines or even beer to go with what he cooked was really funny. i wish food tv would show re-runs of some of their older shows instead on infomercials until 9 or 10 am...

Ardge said:
Is DR the dude with the closely trimmed beard? If so, I used to subscribe to his newsletter. I may have to get ahold of that cookbook. However, I just bought two.
Les Halles and Alton Brown's baking book.

I may have to put it on the wish list.

Who am I kidding? Cookbooks are like Jello to me. There's always room for them (it). I'm going to Borders Friday!!!

RJ

Yep Ardge, that's him. His beard is kind of a red color & I alwasy associate him with wine for some reason. I think he had a show on wines a while back.

Juliev, I got mine at a flee market for $2. I thought it was a great deal because the book did not even look like it had ever been opened.

Back
Top Bottom