Great Thai Recipes Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
In my search to satisfy my Thai food cravings I found a great Thai Recipe cookbook. It is called 'complete book of Thai cooking' by Linda Stephen. The recipes are simply written and delicious. She explains how to make sauces such as curries from scratch. The book is easy to follow and most ingredients are common enough to find easily. Highly recommend. :yum:

Last edited:
Alas, my library (Los Angeles Public Library) has only her convection cookbook... I even checked in Ventura County Public Library and they also have only the convection cookbook. (Don't tell VCPL I don't live in Ventura Co. anymore. Honest, I'm good for my book returns and fines!)

I know, I'm taking it over the top, I checked SFPL (Santa Fe, NM) and they have only the convection cookbook. (I lived in SFNM last summer, still in good standing with their public library.) I also searched PSPL (Palm Springs) where yes, I am carded there too, and no go. (I commuted to work there in the '90s.)

I'm a bit surprised I couldn't find it. It's available "used - acceptable" at Amazon for $5.93... (paperback price+shipping)

Let me know if anybody has more library cards than me (in good standing) so I will know it's time to visit somewhere out of town... ;)

haha Greg

Alas, my library (Los Angeles Public Library) has only her convection cookbook... I even checked in Ventura County Public Library and they also have only the convection cookbook. (Don't tell VCPL I don't live in Ventura Co. anymore. Honest, I'm good for my book returns and fines!)

I know, I'm taking it over the top, I checked SFPL (Santa Fe, NM) and they have only the convection cookbook. (I lived in SFNM last summer, still in good standing with their public library.) I also searched PSPL (Palm Springs) where yes, I am carded there too, and no go. (I commuted to work there in the '90s.)

I'm a bit surprised I couldn't find it. It's available "used - acceptable" at Amazon for $5.93... (paperback price+shipping)

Let me know if anybody has more library cards than me (in good standing) so I will know it's time to visit somewhere out of town... ;)

haha Greg, funny. I know you love Thai food from reading some of your threads. You may find this book a bit too primary for your level of cooking, but there are some great taste sensations in the book.

Naw, Maloney, there's nothing too primitive for my tastes. I've never seen anything I couldn't learn from, and Thai food is just a fancy of mine. I love it and I copy it all the time, and sometimes I just get my Thai on and start grabbing bottles and chopping vegetables, but I'm just an amateur chef. Okay I've got a website too. Doesn't mean much except that I talk it up good. Must be working, the Google ranks say so. I'm working on my photos so I can have pics just like the big websites.

You have no idea how it kills a site to post recipes on Discuss Cooking. DC is one of the leading cooking forums on the whole Internet, and for good reason. DC is the only cooking site I post on, but as soon as I post any recipe on DC it trumps my Google ranks even for my own recipes. I'm sorry about that. Read between the words in my posts and GIYF.

I'll still wanna discuss cooking on DC even when I'm famous like Pioneer Woman. ;)

Naw, Maloney, there's nothing too primitive for my tastes. I've never seen anything I couldn't learn from, and Thai food is just a fancy of mine. I love it and I copy it all the time, and sometimes I just get my Thai on and start grabbing bottles and chopping vegetables, but I'm just an amateur chef. Okay I've got a website too. Doesn't mean much except that I talk it up good. Must be working, the Google ranks say so. I'm working on my photos so I can have pics just like the big websites.

You have no idea how it kills a site to post recipes on Discuss Cooking. DC is one of the leading cooking forums on the whole Internet, and for good reason. DC is the only cooking site I post on, but as soon as I post any recipe on DC it trumps my Google ranks even for my own recipes. I'm sorry about that. Read between the words in my posts and GIYF.

I'll still wanna discuss cooking on DC even when I'm famous like Pioneer Woman. ;)

I'd like to visit your website. Are you permitted to post it here? Or pm me? I'm so new to all of this, I still don't understand terms like GIYF?
I just recently learned that LOL = little old lady
DH = dearest husband
DW = dish washer (just kidding;))

I am learning about how careful you have to be when posting a recipe due to lawyers, copyright laws, and lawyers. hehe

Back
Top Bottom