Home cooking instructional dvds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristina

Assistant Cook
Hello All,
I am doing a little research on how the shows like the Food Network might help in the kitchen. Might any of you know of appliances like refrigerators or kitchen cabinetry that incorporate LCD screens. Also, have you heard of dvds that are like instructional aides in the kitchen, step by step CDs?

Lastly, if your kitchen was outfitted with an easy to use DVD player, would you use it to help you cook? What might be the downfalls and benefits of such a modern kitchen?

Thanks!
Kristina

Re: Instructional Cooking DVD

There is a dvd available on amazon called "Interactive Cooking School Essentials of Cooking". I don't know much about it however.

We have a small TV in the kitchen, we are there a lot.

When we are cooking we are far too busy to pay much attention to it.

We rarely have on a cooking show.

On TV, cooking shows have essentially all of the ingredients ready to go (mis en place).

By the time I chop the onion, carrots, and celery, or prepare whatever ingredients the show, or DVD, requires, the program would probably have finished.

No the TV in the kitchen is for news or other programs we can easily divert our attention from.

The idea of a TV in the fridge leaves me cold, so to speak.

Just my opinion.

In my kitchen now if the TV were in the fridge it would not be very comfortable to watch. As much as I rearrange my counters I rearrange where the TV is also. As far as step-by-step cooking, if I were learning something very new I would like to watch a DVD that I could stop and start using my elbow 'cause my hands would be greasy/doughy/or just plain messy from whatever I was cooking :mrgreen:

Delia Smith, a well-known British cook was shocked to find that some people were unsure how to do simple cooking tasks like boiling an egg.

Soooo, she set out to show beginners how to do simple things, and then moved on to the more complex. The BBC series were shown here a number of years ago. Her books How to Cook1, 2 and 3 were all best sellers and, in fact, I bought my daughter the whole set.

Even experienced cooks found something new to learn from her simple, clear instructions.
http://www.bbcshop.com/icat/45&bklist=icat,4,,3,45
I would have no interest in having a TV or DVD player as part of my kitchen equipment!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. This is great. Much appreciated. Kristan

wep896 said:
There is a dvd available on amazon called "Interactive Cooking School Essentials of Cooking". I don't know much about it however.

Thanks for this. I will look into Delia's work. Best, Kristan

Ishbel said:
Delia Smith, a well-known British cook was shocked to find that some people were unsure how to do simple cooking tasks like boiling an egg.

Soooo, she set out to show beginners how to do simple things, and then moved on to the more complex. The BBC series were shown here a number of years ago. Her books How to Cook1, 2 and 3 were all best sellers and, in fact, I bought my daughter the whole set.

Even experienced cooks found something new to learn from her simple, clear instructions.
http://www.bbcshop.com/icat/45&bklist=icat,4,,3,45
I would have no interest in having a TV or DVD player as part of my kitchen equipment!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom