How Do You Store/Save Your Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I admit that I was looking for the lazy man's way of consolidating all of my recipe cards, cut out recipes from magazines and papers, plus all of my printouts from various websites, plus easy way to index all of my paper backs from likes of Pillsbury, Hometime etc. I looked at both AccuChef and Big Oven, of the two I thing I would probably use AccuChef, it looks more user friendly, but there are a lot of features that I wouldn't use. I just have too much to input, so I will just go out and buy a couple more card files,and keep on truck the way I have been.

i use OneNote you can create sections (ie beef ect) and you can print out the whole section and choose the option to have a footer at the bottom of each page with the section title and the page number. i have done this and i printed out section title pages for a binder and i used the footer to cross reference a recipe index. i am in the proccess of printing out one for each of my girls. each recipe has it own page with a picture of the finished dish.

it automatically does a spell check, you can create tables and insert or copy pictures to it. also you can copy text/ pictures from ANYWHERE on the internet or anything on your computer and SEND the selection to onenote, it will create a new page with the media you sent ALONG with a hyperlink at the bottom of the page to click on and take you to the oringinal location you saw it. which is very useful. you don't have to copy and paste and remember where it came from or copy the URL it is done automatically for you!! i find this is wonderful because copy, paste save website is very time consuming. just hilight and send is so quick i can surf along and spend time when i want to look it over. i am sure things have caught your eye but you didn't have to the spend reading and then forgot where you saw it and google doesn't help just send it to onenote. you can also just hilight the title of a story, article or pic and send that. later just click the link. plus it has a search feature to quickly find you recipes or ingredients with a quick view. i have a recipe workbook, a news workbook, joke workbook it is so great. you can keep track of anything. i suggeset this because i like a multi tasker and you can also (if you have a tablet laptop) write or draw directly into a page and save it that way. i can't wait to have grand babies and save their drawings or writings.
sorry i just love this software.

img_849035_0_decdb07705d80e2684d745f2da766931.jpg

img_849035_1_ec14511de678ef2b9101b0d00e4ef81c.jpg

img_849035_2_a0534b3299b193d6ceb1a9d50f73c4f7.jpg

img_849035_3_a459cdc29fe455d23c4c2065dff522a5.jpg

OneNote

Msmofet:

Your description of the OneNote software is interesting. I looked at your description/posting, then did a Google search to see its installation requirements. Although ON is something I might enjoy playing with some time, it's limited to PC usage, being part of the Microsoft Office Online suite. AccuChef is the software I use presently on my Toshiba PC, and it satisfies my current needs.

I'd get more excited if ON was a database I could use on the MAC. I anticipate at some time owning a MAC laptop, but thus far they haven't got a recipe database application for the MAC that does for me what AccuChef does. Maybe MAC will get with it sometime, but not yet. Shucks!

My desktop computer, which I use consistently, and I'm typing away on now, is a MAC. Suffice it to say I'm a MAC person. I think I mentioned that the only reason I have that Toshiba is it supports AccuChef.

Happy Cooking and Computing,
Pennsy:ermm:

For those of you looking for a recipe manager application that is free, and has lots of features, check-out Gourmet Recipe Manager ( http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net ). It is for Windows or Linux systems.

I have not used it much, so I wouldn't be much help if you had issues, but the one question I asked, was answer next day by one of the developers.

A few of the features:

Can import from several formats
Can include pictures
Scalable in category and number of recipes
Can scale recipes automatically based on number of servings
Creates shopping lists
Can based on your pantry inventory provide a list of the recipes you can make currently
Will create a shopping list based on selected recipes

As I said, I haven't worked with it much yet, but it looks like a keeper. The link I provided should answer most of your questions.

Bob

For those of you looking for a recipe manager application that is free, and has lots of features, check-out Gourmet Recipe Manager ( http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net ). It is for Windows or Linux systems.

I have not used it much, so I wouldn't be much help if you had issues, but the one question I asked, was answer next day by one of the developers.

A few of the features:

Can import from several formats
Can include pictures
Scalable in category and number of recipes
Can scale recipes automatically based on number of servings
Creates shopping lists
Can based on your pantry inventory provide a list of the recipes you can make currently
Will create a shopping list based on selected recipes

As I said, I haven't worked with it much yet, but it looks like a keeper. The link I provided should answer most of your questions.

Bob
ok i would like to try it but i think i am blind or need some sleep. can you please send me the download link cas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom