"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #61
Assistant Cook

I am afraid to count them - try to get rid of a few by passing them on to the kids or giving them away but as soon as some leave more come in - just can't pass up an interesting looking cookbook but as vices go guess it isn't too bad
Joyce

Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #62
Sous Chef

I love this website. I was beginning to think that I'm the only one out there with a cookbook obsession. I have about 300 cookbooks and counting. I also have a couple binders of collected recipes. Oh I loved looking at Suzy Q's bookshelves! They are beautiful! Very nice and organized! All her editions of Joy together, etc. I recognized a lot of them by their spine - so much fun to see all out of print books that I have as well. Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #63
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PytnPlace
I love this website. I was beginning to think that I'm the only one out there with a cookbook obsession. I have about 300 cookbooks and counting. I also have a couple binders of collected recipes. Oh I loved looking at Suzy Q's bookshelves! They are beautiful! Very nice and organized! All her editions of Joy together, etc. I recognized a lot of them by their spine - so much fun to see all out of print books that I have as well. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! It is indeed good to know that I'm not alone in my obsession.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #64
Head Chef

Too many to get any use out of all of them. I'm giving alot of them to my grandaughter
Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #65
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyQ3
Thanks! It is indeed good to know that I'm not alone in my obsession.
I know the feeling, I thought we had too many cookbooks (of which number continues to grow in steady pace....), but you are even worse!! Just kidding, your collection looks wonderful.

I just like looking at our cookbooks during my idle time, just absorbing some general ideas and inspirations (although we seldom apply the exact recipes to our actual cooking...), drooling at beautiful pictures.. many of these books are also more than just collections of recipes, I love reading tidbits about particular food and cultures behind regional/international cuisines.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #66
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpershere2
Too many to get any use out of all of them. I'm giving alot of them to my grandaughter
I understand that feeling. Sometimes when I actually want to find a recipe, I'm overwhelmed. But then I collect cookbooks for more than just the recipes, I'd say...also for their historical value. Plus, I enjoy just reading or glancing through them.

So may I apply for the position of grandaughter, please?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Like most of you I have to many to count....It is the knowledge that I have picked up over the years reading them that I treasure most...the recipes are secondary.

Uncle Bob
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #68
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Like most of you I have to many to count....It is the knowledge that I have picked up over the years reading them that I treasure most...the recipes are secondary.

Uncle Bob
My sentiments, exactly!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #69
Cook

Location: Canberra, Australia - The Nations Capitol and Home of the Pollies
I have about 30 but I really only use a few of them regularly. The rest just when I am looking for something different.

Cookware Consumer Guide
Jenyfari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:25 AM   #70
Cook

Location: Canberra, Australia - The Nations Capitol and Home of the Pollies
Also love recipe magazines. Don't know what they do in the US but here in Australia the major grocery stores sell their own magazines and they are really cheap compared to regular cooking magazines and they are filled with quick and easy recipes.

Cookware Consumer Guide
Jenyfari is offline   Reply With Quote