"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:34 PM   #251
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just counted. We have 35 cookbooks. There are also some pamphlets with recipes and our three ring binders of printed out recipes. I'm glad we don't go overboard with the cookbooks, because the house is full of SF books.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #252
Head Chef

My book collection went to the Salvation Army when we moved. Craig kept his favorites. I'm partial to my tablet now and am slowly but surely building up a collection of various genres and authors on it. We had boxes and boxes and boxes of books, some of which I had brought with me when we moved into the old house 20+ years ago, plus all the ones I had collected since.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #253
Senior Cook

I have ~85 linial feet of cook books, around 400 books. I don't really bother with counting the magazines but I have all the Fine Cooking for at least one decade and every one of Cooks Illustrated since its original beginning [before it bankoed and Chris bought it].

I traveling now so I don't have allthe listing. I use the programs, Library Thing for ageneral listing of all my library and Eat Your Books for cooking books as well as actually finding something to cook in them.

Do I need them? No, but some are really fun reading.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:45 AM   #254
Assistant Cook

Not too many, just 30 ; but if I have to include the old ones, they are about 102...
Old 12-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #255
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Finally got around to sorting through my cookbooks and cleaning off the shelves. I counted 114 books...Now if I can just find my two Chinese cookbooks...
It's a Christmas miracle! As I was pulling decoration boxes from under the basement staircase, I spotted a couple of books on top of a box of Himself's old Avalon-Hill war games. Voila! My missing books. I guess that they hadn't fit into the one box I needed for my "basement books" when I was done weeding through my overflow collection before our garage sale. Once back in MA and caught up, we'll need to take a road trip to H-Mart. I'm sure I need some special ingredients... :
Old 12-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #256
Chef Extraordinaire

I have one. The 1970 edition of Good Housekeeping. Got it at a yard sale many moons ago. If the recipe isn't in there, then it is to DC or the internet. Living in a studio apartment has it advantages.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #257
Assistant Cook

My "Eat Your Books" account has the tally at 149. Add twenty to that, for titles not recognized by EYB.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #258
Head Chef

Just got a new book, John Besh's Cooking From the Heart. Since we loved his gnocchi recipe so much, decided we wanted to see more of them. Went to EBay since didn't want to pay full price and found one in very good condition for just over $10 inclg s and h. Book might as well be new. Gorgeous book and some pretty good sounding recipes.

Craig recently got Myron Mixon's book.

We are running out of room in the 3 shelf cookbook shelving unit.

Tags
cook, cookbooks