How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can anyone look at my thread about a cook book that I am looking for and see if they can help me with a title to a specific cook book that I am looking for please!! :( husband threw it out! :((((

Well over 100, under 1000. When I have to leave this house they'll be donated or given to friends, most of them. Some I've never cooked from at all. Some are so worn away that you open them and can tell immediately which recipes are my favorites. I love them but know they'll have to go eventually!

I have tons of em but they are mostly magazines and I currently got this book from Jamie Oliver named Jamie's Kitchen and the thing i like about it is that he's methods are simply awesome!

Well over 100 gave up counting when I got to 150, that was also when I decided enough was enough and I didn't need another book or bookcase. Since then I have bought Heston Blumenthal's latest book, a couple on Tapas and Meze plus another North African one and Claudia Roden's New book of Middle Eastern food (I already have her Arabesque) and am now awaiting the delivery of Thomas Keller's French Laundry cook book and Bouchon.

I also have some small notebooks for handwritten recipes I have liked the look of, and several large ring binder files with plastic envelopes to hold all the recipes cut from Newspapers, magazines. etc.

When it is a horrible day I just pick up a few at random, browse through them and feel much, much better.

Good Evening,

As Shrek told Princess Fiona, No More Cookbooks, and the Vet told me: " if you want to buy another cookbook, then rent an apartment for them " !!! ha ha ha ...

I am uncertain, about 350 - 400 in total between the Condo and the Loft. At the Loft, 7 long and wide shelves ...

My latest is : CHEF FERRÀN ADRIÀ´s "FAMILY MEALS" which comes in English, Catalan and Spanish.

Good Question, cool post.
Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
@ Sean,

I like Jaime Oliver´s Mediterranean Cookbook on Italian, Spanish, Greek and Moroccan ... Nice job, well done and the photos are lovely.

@ A. Acid,

Heston Blumenthal is quite brilliant as well ... Like his take on Turbot Fish and Chips ... Cool book too ...

I have a weakness, keep me away from book shops, book stalls, garage sales, flea markets --- anywhere there are books !

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Princess Fiona,

I am like you, as I enjoy reading cookbooks ... and especially on foreign cuisines, and or regional ... and historical aspects of a cuisine or dish ... chefs too ... A TO Z IN GASTRONOMY.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
Language dictionairies as well as Gastronomic and wine editions ...

Perhaps this brings the figure up to 500 !

Cool post. Interesting ... It is human nature to collect !!!

Margi.

Last edited:
acerbicacid said:
Well over 100 gave up counting when I got to 150, that was also when I decided enough was enough and I didn't need another book or bookcase. Since then I have bought Heston Blumenthal's latest book, a couple on Tapas and Meze plus another North African one and Claudia Roden's New book of Middle Eastern food (I already have her Arabesque) and am now awaiting the delivery of Thomas Keller's French Laundry cook book and Bouchon.

I also have some small notebooks for handwritten recipes I have liked the look of, and several large ring binder files with plastic envelopes to hold all the recipes cut from Newspapers, magazines. etc.

When it is a horrible day I just pick up a few at random, browse through them and feel much, much better.

How is the new book of middle eastern food? I have her book on jewish cooking which is mostly sephardi. I wonder if they overlap. How is arabaseque? She is my fav author. I have Jewish cooking and the food of Spain by her

I prefer Arabesque slightly, It has sections on Morocco, Turkey and the Lebanon, the New Middle Eastern isn't divided into separate countries but has recipes from all of the Middle East, with sections on different ingredients. They do overlap but as I just love cookery books this doesn't matter to me that much. As a relative newcomer I'm not sure how far we can digress from the subject, so maybe a new subject, Middle Eastern and North African food? I'd love to discuss it in more detail.

I am up to about 30-35 cookbooks depending on if you count a few my mom gave me that I will probably give back one day. My husband says to buy as many as I like as he enjoys all the things I cook from them.

About - stack twice as tall as my baby who loves to destroy them!

Attachments

• image-734489241.jpg
    image-734489241.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 167
Mine just rolls his eyes and shakes his head. Wonder what that means:LOL:
ma

It means..."Not ANOTHER cookbook!!!"

I think I am six or ten past the last time I posted on this thread.:LOL:

I had to get serious about going through the magazines I had saved to make room for the cookbooks. Then I got tired of the childish stickers on my recipe box, so I removed all of them and put different childish stickers on...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom