How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My name is Fiona, I have a cookbook addiction...
My screen name is CWS4322, I have a ton of books--cookbooks and dictionaries. This I know because I "humped" boxes of books from the farmhouse to the city house today and am looking forward to a long soak in a tub filled with bubble bath and a nice glass of red....

Looks like I and DH together have a bout 20 cookbooks. I use the internet a lot and, of course, DC.

We have far too many SF books, but I don't want to get rid of any of those.

i do not own a single cookbook. any recommendations for a cookbook that would qualify as a "good read" in your book? :)

Joy of Cooking, but don't get the 1997 edition. It's a good read, has recipes that work and it's an amazing reference book.

Can I join this therapy session? My name is Angel, and I too have a cookbook addiction. All those bookshelves...

My ex-wife had a nasty little rule regarding cookbooks: buy one, toss one.

I'll never admit her rule was a good one (hellooooo stubborn male pride), but I must say, my collection is in better shape than it was before the marriage. :)

That is definitely a nasty rule...not one I would care to tolerate. I wonder if it would work with Shrek and his guitars...:angel:

When I got married, I think I had 25. And then we started going to farm auctions...and I couldn't resist those $1 boxes of cookbooks.

I recently got married and totally depend on cookbooks. My current collection is on 6. yay me

I have around 100 cookery books and around the same number of cookery magazines. I used to buy them in the days before I had easy access to the internet. I don't any anymore, because receipes and suggestsions for everything are available for free on the internet these days. :)

I have around 100 cookery books and around the same number of cookery magazines. I used to buy them in the days before I had easy access to the internet. I don't any anymore, because receipes and suggestsions for everything are available for free on the internet these days. :)
My problem is, I like to read cookbooks. I do, however, scan recipes from magazines (been working on getting rid of the magazine collection I have--it is a slow process). And, I've found duplicate cookbooks in my collection, so am looking for new homes for those, eventually. So much to do, so little time.

Interesting Post.

I honestly have lost count since the last International Book Fair held at the end of May through 3rd June 2012 in Madrid Capital ... and then, what we had transported over to Puglia and / or bought there.

Plus, the gastronomic and wine themed magazines the gals and I subscribe to.

Have nice Tuesday,
Ciao. Margi.

I have too many. I keep buying more. It might be a bit dangerous to count them. It is already hard to justify each purchase!

I was at my grandmas and "stole" her joy of cooking and an encyclopedia of cooking. These things are old. I found a newspaper recipe folded up in one of the books from 1964! It's really awesome seeing what pages are dirty and guessing what she cooked. And some of the illustrations are incredibly ant-feminist and amusing

Back
Top Bottom