How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of cookbooks do you collect?

All kinds really. The one I got today is an Irish Pub Cookbook. I have lots of Asian and Mediterranean Cookbooks. Natural foods, Cardiac and Diabetic. Reprints of old cookbooks. If it has a recipe in it it's fair game.:rolleyes:

YIPEE....... went to the mailbox today and my Amazon order was there 'FOOD MADE FAST * ASIAN' from William Sonoma. It had so many great reviews I couldn't help myself. Nice hard cover book. The recipes look great can't wait to try some.

Oh-oh, I added 9 cookbooks to my collection today (I couldn't help myself--I stopped to make a donation at a local thrift store--all household books were 70% off...the most I paid for any one book was 60 cents). I snagged the following:

Bernardin's Le grande livre des conserves (The Big Preserves Book)--It has 400 delicious and original recipes, juices, catsups, purees, vinegars. I should have time to translate the recipes I want to try before next year's gardening season rolls around.

Oh, Fudge! by Lee Edwards Benning (this one I bought more for reading than actually making fudge--it has been years since I made candies--something I used to do a lot)

Crazy Plates by Janet and Greta Podleski (Looneyspoons)

Two of Rachel Ray's cookbooks

Two slow cooker cookbooks

A church cookbook from MI that is all cookies (Cookie Walk Recipes--for 15 cents, how could I leave it behind)

And one other, the "Enlightened Eater" (this is one I've been meaning to read for awhile).

I spent $4.45 for the lot of them. Not that I needed them, but...

I know this is heresy in some quarters, but I have too many cookbooks! I just can't seem to part with any of them, though. *sigh*

Chef Maloney said:
YIPEE....... went to the mailbox today and my Amazon order was there 'FOOD MADE FAST * ASIAN' from William Sonoma. It had so many great reviews I couldn't help myself. Nice hard cover book. The recipes look great can't wait to try some.

I love WS cookbooks. Almost never fail. I have the essentials of Asian cooking from WS which I think shares a lot of recipes. It's great. Just watch the soy sauce in the recipes...start with 1/3 and taste....they must be using a different brand then me bc every time I follow the recipes involving soy sauce Its inedible.

I just got a tablet not too long ago and download a lot of free cookbooks. Most of them are crap but I got a few "real ones" but to be honest there is something about browsing a real book with paper pages that does it for me...kindle books don't have the same feeling.

Since I last posted I must have got 5 more books but I took them from my grandmother who no longer cooks so no splurging. She had a few good ones; cooking light, joy of cooking from like the 1960s, encyclopedia cookbook from same era . I really like all 3 of them almost all of my cookbooks I bought are ethnic so it's nice to have these reference books when I just need some help with gravy or fried fish.

That being said I have a huge list of cookbooks on my Amazon wish list - mostly books on a specific region or type of food as I go through phases and will cook like morrocan food or something for a month strate.
Looking forward to getting: food of life: ancient Persian.... And southern living

I took 5 cookbooks out of the shelves and into the used bookstore box...so I could try to fit 10 more in their place...

you have absolutely no intention of really giving up those 5 cookbooks, do you, pf? they will get crammed back into the bookcase along with 5 new cookbooks, right? isn't that the plan?

you have absolutely no intention of really giving up those 5 cookbooks, do you, pf? they will get crammed back into the bookcase along with 5 new cookbooks, right? isn't that the plan?
I don't think you read that right. I think it's 10 new cookbooks. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...I have these memorized...besides, I figure a kid would like the Star Wars cookbook...you can only eat so many Wookie Cookies...

all this talk of cookbooks got me all riled up and I went to a used book store. They had lots of books, classics, etc but very few new/ethnic books which I prefer. I got:

image-2119878548.jpg

image-2226216853.jpg

Back
Top Bottom