How Many Cookbooks Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too many (I'm afraid to count) and I bought two new ones over the weekend and added two more to my wish list.

Hmm.. maybe I should have bought those bookcases at Borders....:LOL:

About 400, not including magazines and booklets.

And I'm NOT getting rid of any of them! I'll leave them to someone in my will.

Probably about 100 - 200
Just redid my kitchen and had a special built in bookcase made to display them. I get many recipes online, but I still like having a book in front of me. Also some that I have gotten from book signings. I also like good cooking reference books to have on hand. I prefer books with a lot of pictures. I like to see the end product even before I start.

Around 100+, plus many clipped recipes that I am slowly trying to put into my online recipe box.

Last edited:
Seven.

With Recipes:
How to Cook Everything (Revised)
Home and Gardens: Anyone Can Bake
Baking with Julia
Betty Crocker Country Cooking

Non-Recipe:
Cooking Ingredients
On Food and Cooking
Flavor Bible

I have 4 shelves worth and several that don't fit on the shelves. I am moving all my cake books to the office shelves (where I have all my decorating supplies) and then will be able to put the rest of the books in there. I have 5 books on my birthday wish list and will most likely get them.

Okay, that's books. I have a very large cardboard box that has loose recipes that I haven't yet gotten into my computer program (Oh, which also holds probably 2,000 recipes (not from their files but of my own - many are my cake and culinary recipes I have created or adapted). And there is my school binder and notebooks.

My book shelf has eight shelves but I can't fit more books on because the top four shelves contain my angel collection. When the cleaning ladies come they have in their records this unit is NOT to be touched. I do it myself!

I use the books probably more for reference than for actual recipes, but they do contain some of my favourites.

Hubby and Dad are very watchful of me when I head to book stores!

Back
Top Bottom