If you only had one cookbook...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Wise Encyclopedia of Cookery". More of a dictionary or reference book than recipe book (although it has plenty of those), it will tell you more about everything than you can ever need to know. I have shelves full of cookbooks, but the recipes I use most often are actually on cards or clipped from magazines/newspapers. Or copied from murder mysteries.:ohmy: (If you like that genre, read books by Diane Mott Davidson - her main character is a caterer with "killer" recipes!:ROFLMAO:) Plus I have my Mom's and Great-Aunt's books and notes...dating back to the 1930s. Don't use the lard anymore...

Although I use cookbooks for the recipes I am most often found reading them like novels!

Although I use cookbooks for the recipes I am most often found reading them like novels!

DH once teased me when he caught me reading a cookbook. He asked if I was studying for a test, I told him with the prices of food the way they are, he better hope I passed. I'm forever reading cookbooks like they are novels.

I like to make sure any Ethnic cookbooks I buy have a substantial section on food prep in their pocket of the world and how to use unfamiliar ingeredients.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom