ISO - Daisy Cooks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisa110

Senior Cook
Hi all,

Does anyone here own this cookbook?

If so, I would be eternally grateful if I could pilfer one recipe from this book. It's called Braised Chicken with Figs, and it looks absolutely marvelous. I haven't decided whether to buy the book or not, my decision entirely depending on how this dish turns out. I have loads of cookbooks, and would be happy to return the favor at any time :)

I enjoyed listening and seeing your Lisa's Caketeria cakes, pies and all sort of pastries receipes.

As far as the receipe for Braised Chicken with Figs I don't have it.

It's an interesting cookbook. I borrowed it from the library. I didn't make the recipe with chicken and figs. You should check your library for a copy.

Daisy's website rotates through the recipes from the book. I think they're changed weekly. Check it weekly for a while and see if it comes up.

http://www.daisycooks.com/pages/recipes_main.cfm

thymeless

I hope someone can help you Lisa!!!! To whomever does have this recipe please PM Lisa versus posting on the boards due to copyright issues. If you find it on the internet you may provide the link.

Thanks!

Thank you so much, kitchenelf. I couldn't find it anywhere on the net. No doubt Daisy's making darn sure that no one gets her recipes without ponying up the dough..LOL

Also, thanks so much for the cake compliments, shpj4. As for her rotating recipes, I think they've been stuck on the same ones for a while. I've been checking weekly.

Last edited:
You might be hitting versions from your cache or a proxy. You'll have to check your browser settings.

Yes.

By changing the numbers on the end of the individual recipe's URL you can see some other recipes that aren't currently listed. There's about 36 or 37 of them, which would mean they could change a recipe daily. (recipes 1-6 are the ones in the side box about certain basics that show up in other recipes).

As I just figured that out today, I don't know if that is the same batch that was there last month or not.

Chicken and figs is not in that list of recipes.

Give the library a shot. I know my library system had a few copies.

thymeless

Thanks, thymeless (love the nick, btw). I finally caved in and purchased it from an independent seller at Amazon, for $15.00. The book got really great reviews, so I'm sure it won't be a waste. If anybody umm..needs something when I get it, just PM me :)

I just saw your post, to late to help I'm afraid, I have

the book and you will love it. You have to try the Shrimp Cakes. It seems like a lot of steps, with making the beans, but I just use about half of the beans for the shrimp cakes and add chicken broth to the rest of the beans and call it soup. I even tried making the pineapple vinegar onions. Now I just slice onions, rinse and squeeze lemon juice over them about 10 minutes before we eat. The other thing you should try is the wet rub for meat. I can't make a pork roast without it now. I tried it on chicken and it's good but it is really really good on pork.

I just buy Goya sofrito and recaito, one is red and one is green, and use a combination of the two to approximate her recipe for homemade sofrito.

I wish her show was still on my PBS channel. I saw about 4 shows and then it was replaced with others.

Enjoy the book.

Chicken with Figs (Pollo con Higos) recipe

Here's what you are looking for. You can find this recipe on Chicken with Figs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much, jen, but I eventually gave in and bought the book.

Back
Top Bottom